Technical Help with Identifying Rear Spring Part Number

Currently reading:
Technical Help with Identifying Rear Spring Part Number

baddevotions

Hi all,

hoping that i can get some help identifying the correct part number for a pair of rear springs.

I have a 2011 Fiat 500 1.2 pop (312AXA1A). I've punched my vin into eper and browsed through to the rear springs, but there are multiple options that come up.

• 51854033 - TC2V+LL1,CC1.2+CMBBZ+TC2V+LL2,CC1.2+CMBBZ+TC2V+LL3,TC2V+LL7,CC1.2+CMBBZ+LL4,CC1.2+CMBBZ+LL6
  • 51805424 - TC2V+LL1,CC1.2+CMBBZ+TC2V+LL2,CC1.2+CMBBZ+TC2V+LL3,TC2V+LL7,CC1.2+CMBBZ+LL4,CC1.2+CMBBZ+LL6
  • 51805425 - CC1.4+TC2V+LL2,CC1.4+TC2V+LL3,CC1.4+LL4,CC1.4+LL6
  • 51859960 - TCCBR+KW62

i am guessing the correct ones are either *4033 or *5424. Does it matter which one? FWIW, on EPER all the part numbers have lines through them except *4033. On searching the internet for spares, the most common OEM part number replacement is *5424.

Any help would be much appreciated!

It's confusing some suppliers list from 2010( new rear beam design) some just say from 2007, though some say from 2010 but further down the fitment info says from 2007?

That said I have pre 2010 springs fitted to our replacement rear axel that in theory should have post 2010 springs

FWIW, on EPER all the part numbers have lines through them except *4033
When you put your vin into eper, it will strike out the parts that aren't compatible (or at least, weren't included with that vehicle when originally built).

So based on that, *4033 would be the one you want.

(If you donate to the forum, you can get an extra 10% discount on that price)

thanks for the replies all! (y).

Helps to know that things changed over after 11/2009. And i guessed that strike-throughs on the eper would mean previous revisions or parts for different spec cars, but couldn't see it documented anywhere. Also, interestingly, the one that Ben linked is the part that is after 11/2009. So all things are pointing to that part number 51854033 .

The only thing i couldn't see is where to put the vin number in at shop4parts.

I've found out the difference in pre and post 2010 springs
Post 2010 ( 11/2009> ) the springs are 15mm longer ( 290mm ) though the wire dia. is smaller though overall spring dia. remains the same.
That may be the reason over certain speed humps at a too fast rate its once or twice hit the bump stop?

does it matter which one?
Yes.

Fiat made a significant change to the design of the rear twist beam with the introduction of the 2010 model year cars, basically to improve the ride quality. A stiffening bar was added, and softer springs were fitted.

A 2011 car will almost certainly have the later type of beam, but it's easy enough to check - just look under the rear of the car; if there's a round steel bar running through the entirety of the beam, it's the later type.

These are the ones that you will most likely need.

While you're down there, inspect the spring pans for corrosion; it's a well known issue. A little prevention now could save you from an MOT failure in the future.

Last edited:
Yes.

Fiat made a significant change to the design of the rear twist beam with the introduction of the 2010 model year cars, basically to improve the ride quality. A stiffening bar was added, and softer springs were fitted.

A 2011 car will almost certainly have the later type of beam, but it's easy enough to check - just look under the rear of the car; if there's a round steel bar running through the entirety of the beam, it's the later type.

These are the ones that you will most likely need.

While you're down there, inspect the spring pans for corrosion; it's a well known issue. A little prevention now could save you from an MOT failure in the future.
This is really useful - thanks.

It deffo has the bar that runs across and i've noticed that there is some erosion across and into the pans. My plan was to take the old springs out, give it all a clean, apply some rust inhibitor and give it a paint with some hammerite or something before installing the new springs.

Although i haven't fully thought through what's needed for prevention yet. Need to do more googling.

And i guessed that strike-throughs on the eper would mean previous revisions or parts for different spec cars, but couldn't see it documented anywhere.
Have pushed a code change to EPER now, so instead of just striking them out it will hide them from the list entirely.

There's now a new link at the bottom which will show them all if that's what you want to do (with the strike through)

Like this:

1707302494433.png

Back