General REAR NUMBER PLATE light wiring colour

Currently reading:
General REAR NUMBER PLATE light wiring colour

Can someone tell me the wire colour code for the rear number plate lights......3rd time now wires have broken in the tailgate gaiter......I know problem is at this point as if I lift up tailgate lights will come on ...... thanks

The Haynes up to 2012 states its as above yellow with green stripe
White orange stripe boot lock switching signal wire

I meant the year of the car. I looked at my tailgate gaiter and it looked perfect, but from what I've read on this forum thats quite often the case. So I just wondered if I need to have a closer look....

I meant the year of the car. I looked at my tailgate gaiter and it looked perfect, but from what I've read on this forum thats quite often the case. So I just wondered if I need to have a closer look....
Ours bust at 7 years old the outer always looks fine, the car has always lived near the north sea in either Scotland or the north east which might have a bearing?

my car is 2010....the gaiter is not the problem just too many wires were fed through the one gaiter for the size and it causes the wires to constantly bend and eventually they fatigue inside the gaiter.....mine had been dealer repaired before purchased as the £300 invoice was in the service history........then 3 years later my boot remote failed and as they had not used coloured wire I had to investigate back to repair point....that was two years ago and now my number plate lights are intermittent but if I hold the tailgate halfway they come on so obviously again the wire inside the gaiter has broken.....I planned to run half the wires to the other side and put an additional gaiter on as the body holes are there.....no doubt probably the initial intention until the bean counters did cost saving exercises......have to be a summer job now though.....thanks John2020 for the info...as I was searching in older posts someone put a drawing up which showed it as green with a violet tracer so will check for both......

Back