Technical EGR Valve?

Currently reading:
Technical EGR Valve?

Paraman

Has my 2011 1.2 69bhp petrol engine got an EGR valve? No mentionm in Haynes Manual. I have symptons like a stuck open valve. EML light on all the time and rough idling and stutters when driving slowly. Plugs, leads and coil replaced and ECU plugs sprayed with DetoxIT D5. Just had a look and can only see a wire from a sensor? on the front exhaust pipe just before it bulges out to hold the catalyst??.

Missfires cause the engine to run rich. One coil fires cyls 1 & 4. The other coil fires 2 & 3. You can test by unplugging one plug at a time. If there is no difference (or minimal difference) you have a misfire on that cylinder.

If you have a PAIR of new coils and new leads, the next place to look is compression. A compression test will tell you if any cylinders are down.

Any other symptoms. Might help. Or you may not have any others

A few random examples

Rhythmic miss heard at the rear exhaust at idle
Struggling with hills
Knocking noise when accelerating, cold engine
Gurgling noise, when switching the engine on or off
Doesn’t rev freely when you blip the throttle in neutral
Smell of petrol

And so on

The more information we have the better we can help

Sometimes a picture of the 4 plugs helps.But not always. Rich, lean or if one or two cylinders are different are sometimes evident

But by far the best start would be to read the codes

It rarely says it’s this but often points you in the right direction

For example my car has just had the engine light on. Timing too advanced. Cleaned the VVT solenoid mesh all good now. 5 minueted. Without reading the codes it would have taken days.

VVT motor : 69 bhp

My only 69 bhp motor does have 1x pack

All my older 55 and 60 bhp FIRE motors had 2 x packs
Correct
1 pack contains 4 separate coils
Older cars shared 1 coil shared between 2 cylinders

Changed in 2009 I believe not all 69HP are VVT no idea why as the 500 was already VVT

This is not my understanding on these engines ?

Under the air box there is 4 separate coils epoxied together into one large black block
Sorry I should have said to check the end of the cylinder head for the coil packs. If it has separate coils, one can give a weak spark. This puts unburnt fuel and unused oxygen down the exhaust. The ECU via O2 sensors sees that as a weak air fuel mixture and adds more fuel. This aggravates the misfire problems.

Can you move the actual coils about within the the 69 bhp coil pack?

I tested my 100HP 1.4 (which has separate plug top coils) by measuring the exhaust stub temperatures on cold start. One cylinder outlet warmed more slowly. When I swapped the coils around, the cool cylinder moved proving a faulty coil. It's simple to do with a cheap IR thermometer. You cannot do this with a hot engine because heat soak across the manifold hides the cooler running cylinder.

Plugs, leads and coil replaced
Can you move the actual coils about within the the 69 bhp coil pack?
No. Not easily. It is possible to disassemble the connector and swap wires. Seems pointless when the original poster has already changed the coil pack

we can keep guessing

Block CAT
Dirty MAP
Faulty MAP
Faulty ECU
Faulty wiring
Faulty O2
Blocked air filter
Low compression
Air leak between head and inlet manifold
Hole in exhaust pre O2
Wrong timing
Faulty battery
Wrong plugs
Faulty evap
Fault vvt solenoid
Low oil pressure
Oil pressure leak to vvt

Are just a few examples

It can get expensive using a parts shotgun if you miss a few times

Or we can wait until the code is read and or the plugs have been pictured and posted

BF2F685E-AEA2-4573-B553-C0FCB795CF32.jpeg

Does it have a EGR valve
No

Read the codes is the first move me thinks

Less than £5 and an android phone
£10-15 stand alone
In that case why does www.autopart.co.uk sell

EGR valve for FIAT Panda II Hatchback (169) 1.2L Petrol 69 HP​

There is no mention in the Haynes Manual that this engine has VVT so it would need an EGR valve to achieve Euro5 status, No?
I never got a code and neither did my garage which presumably has a better reader. So not much to go on. Top speed is unchanged so not likely to be the suggestion that one cylinder is not firing. New 4 output coil, leads and plugs fitted. I will check the continuity of the wire from the senser? fitted to the front exhaust pipe.

In that case why does www.autopart.co.uk sell

EGR valve for FIAT Panda II Hatchback (169) 1.2L Petrol 69 HP​

There is no mention in the Haynes Manual that this engine has VVT so it would need an EGR valve to achieve Euro5 status, No?
I never got a code and neither did my garage which presumably has a better reader. So not much to go on. Top speed is unchanged so not likely to be the suggestion that one cylinder is not firing. New 4 output coil, leads and plugs fitted. I will check the continuity of the wire from the senser? fitted to the front exhaust pipe.
This is my 2011 1.2 VVT operating solenoid, if it has one it’s VVT

As far as I know most post 2009 69HP were

There were a few early 2009 69HP that weren’t VVT I believe. But as always the crossover periods can get messy

As far as I know no panda or 500 petrol engines have an ERG

But all diesels do

Whether that applies to all countries I don’t know

The picture shows a connection to the camshaft - most likely the cam timing variator. It's definitely not an EGR as it's in entirely the wrong part of the engine.

Hi mate, did you manage to solve the problem? I have a Fiat panda 1.2 gasoline 69kw that has the same problem, the relay is unstable and the coils and spark plugs and all the filters have been replaced but it still keeps giving me this error, I would appreciate it if you could help me with that problem, thank you very much

Hi mate, did you manage to solve the problem? I have a Fiat panda 1.2 gasoline 69kw that has the same problem, the relay is unstable and the coils and spark plugs and all the filters have been replaced but it still keeps giving me this error, I would appreciate it if you could help me with that problem, thank you very much
No petrol panda has an EGR valve

What is your error code

P001? Code

Is likely to be a blocked solenoid filter

But without a code it could be just about anything

No petrol panda has an EGR valve

What is your error code

P001? Code

Is likely to be a blocked solenoid filter

But without a code it could be just about anything
good morning partner! , the problem I have is that when I entered the diagnosis I did not see any error code. and the problem I have is basically in the rilenti. It doesn't rev but the engine makes small jumps as if it wanted to shut down and the exhaust blows intermittently. I hope your help, thank you very much!

Back