Technical Egr valve failed??

Currently reading:
Technical Egr valve failed??

Hi
The car broke down within 10 mins of driving it.
It was fine driving around town at low speed with little throttle.
As soon as I have it a bit of welly it bogged down and wouldn't rev over 3000 rpm.
Then the engine light came on.
My friend has a code reader and this is what it showed.
It is now back at the shop apparently awaiting diagnostic work to determine what has gone wrong. The bloke at the shop said we don't do warranties on the cheap cars and offered me to swap it for a ford fusion with 17700 miles on it.
I said no as I like the car and want it fixing.
Iam waiting on the sales bloke to get back to me with some news but the mechanic hasn't got back to him yet.

Attachments​

• 20230619_185133.jpg
    20230619_185133.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230619_185129.jpg
    20230619_185129.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • 20230619_185123.jpg
    20230619_185123.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1

If it's a 70 bhp, your problem will be blocked inlet manifold caused by too much gentle driving and the EGR having a preferential gas flow to the turbo. I fitted a baffle into the manifold that directs gas from No 4 cylinder towards the turbo. Some gas will get past for the EGR but it's no longer getting the lion's share.

Unbolt the air pipe. Three very fiddly M6 bolts at the manifold end, a bracket and a hose clip. That will tell you what's going on with soot depositions.

From Fiat's own documentation​

P0238 Turbo pressure​

767.png
This error is recognized if the difference between objective supercharging pressure and the difference between the supercharging pressure measured and the atmospheric pressure is above a certain level

Check that, at the same time as this error, there are none of the following errors present:- P0401- P0402- P0403Move on to Step 1At least one of the errors indicated is presentThis error may be caused by a malfunction of the EGR, therefore it is subordinate to the other errors: continue as instructed by the diagnostic equipment relating to the other errors present

P0101 Air flow meter signal​

This error is detected when the digital flow meter signal is present, but not valid in the range
0PRELIMINARY CHECKSAll OKProblems encounteredOperation
Test results
Check that, at the same time as this error, there are none of the following errors present:- P0401- P0402- P0403Move on to Step 1At least one of the errors indicated is presentThis error may be caused by a malfunction of the EGR, therefore it is subordinate to the other errors: continue as instructed by the diagnostic equipment relating to the other errors present

All EGR related

The EGR feeds exhaust gas into the inlet manifold just after the inlet pipe joint. The lump of carbon in my picture is the EGR diffuser. When that blocks with carbon the EGR will "malfunction" but the cause is a blocked manifold. Ironic, because it's the EGR that caused the blockage in the first place

Back