photo-1_1_.jpg

Panda (Classic) Classic Panda Bianca, Full Restoration.

Introduction

Today we began a full resto on "Apple" our 1987 Bianca model...:D

Found a paint sprayer with a yard big enough for us to strip out the car to a shell which is what we did..and 7 hours later Heike and me stripped every nut, grommet and bolt off the car.

We will get the engine out tomorrow so the bay can be re-sprayed (thanks for that Vern!..;)) and then clean and replace bits on that once out.

We have lots of new stuff to put on like bumpers, grille and wheel trims which will also get sprayed white.

The underneath will also be done as well as the inside...so should be complete and perfect..:D...(y)

The major surprise was just how fantastic the condition of the car was...:eek:..even the front valance and the inside of the front and rear wheel arches which everything removed showed no signs or rust!!

New suspension, brake parts etc etc...will be dug out the cellar and fitted..if needed or not....so there we are....pictures of the resto will follow as time goes by and all being well it should be done in about two weeks. Then off the the trimmers to have new twin sunnys fitted.

Now the car will not be worth the money which is going to be spent on it, but, It is a car we intend to keep forever and is the model which I originally had in the eighties... Wish us luck...:)

Now this car
Re: Full restoration begins...

WOW, Actually amazed, never thought anyone one would go to the extant of a new engine. I'd be so nervous on first road test, not that it wouldn't work, that it might get dirty!

Can't wait to see this complete, think the only one i've ever been more eager to see was the Camel panda built a few years back (that was on ebay a few months ago)

Hopefully after this weekend we might have a running engine?

Connected everything and filled with oil, coolant etc.....turns over, fuel filter filled up..happy days.

Inlet manifold leaked coolant so skinned my hands nipping up the nuts as much as I could and hoping it's now not leaking. Should have added sealant to the gasket when I had it off....:bang:

No brmmmm brmmmmm.....I forgot to take the rotor arm with me!.....:bang:

Tomorrow...fingers crossed.

All going to well...too well..

But as with most things human error kicks in at times. I really should have had an adult holding my hand!

Started the engine to check engine oil level.

Let it run to fill the coolant, sorted air locks and waited for the fan to kick in.

Fan kicked in at 90.

Checked lights....all working inside and out.

Then rumble rumble noise...loud!!!

In all the excitement i didn't fill the gearbox......game over....gearbox has had it I think. Filled the box in the hope it would fix things, but NO...:bang:

Yep...I have been a complete idiot.

I have another gearbox...all dirty and with higher milage. No option but to start again and get the knackerd one out. Running out of time and to be honest the will and energy. This has really knocked me back and it's all my fault....:(

Back