photo-1_1_.jpg

Panda (Classic) Classic Panda Bianca, Full Restoration.

Introduction

Today we began a full resto on "Apple" our 1987 Bianca model...:D

Found a paint sprayer with a yard big enough for us to strip out the car to a shell which is what we did..and 7 hours later Heike and me stripped every nut, grommet and bolt off the car.

We will get the engine out tomorrow so the bay can be re-sprayed (thanks for that Vern!..;)) and then clean and replace bits on that once out.

We have lots of new stuff to put on like bumpers, grille and wheel trims which will also get sprayed white.

The underneath will also be done as well as the inside...so should be complete and perfect..:D...(y)

The major surprise was just how fantastic the condition of the car was...:eek:..even the front valance and the inside of the front and rear wheel arches which everything removed showed no signs or rust!!

New suspension, brake parts etc etc...will be dug out the cellar and fitted..if needed or not....so there we are....pictures of the resto will follow as time goes by and all being well it should be done in about two weeks. Then off the the trimmers to have new twin sunnys fitted.

Now the car will not be worth the money which is going to be spent on it, but, It is a car we intend to keep forever and is the model which I originally had in the eighties... Wish us luck...:)

Now this car
Re: Full restoration begins...

Quick update,

The axle is now back in along with the new trailing arms, freshly painted coil springs and new handbrake cable..........

Windscreen was also removed and refitted to give a better seal against the rain.

Also, the driveshafts now have new gaiters inboard and one new outer on the n/s.

The passenger door should be back from the paintshop tomorrow, so with this fitted and the steering column multi switch changed this one at least looks like it will make the NEC. :)

Ooo.... I'm so excited...:D

Good news is that the Accomodation that came with the new job is sub-standard. So, we have been given the ok to find another house. This we have done and we will be moving to a lovely cottage in the village of Kingsclere... With a newly built GARAGE!!!.... Apple has a dry, clean home...:slayer:

and we will be moving to a lovely cottage in the village of Kingsclere...

*one anxious check of google maps later*
Drat! That's alarming close to the two places I spend most of my time at the moment, Portsmouth and Reading, if you ever see me going up the M3 or the A33 don't wave, I might have a heart attack :cry:

...and we will be moving to a lovely cottage in the village of Kingsclere...

Good luck with the move! (y)

The only thing I know about Kingsclere is that it's next to Watership Down. All together now: "Bright eyes, burning like fire...". :D

But you said that you are changing a door and rear suspension:confused:

Will you have to get married again when they're done.?:)

Haha....got someone in mind for me??

The door was taken back to the metal and didn't need any repairs, but something must of happened as a couple of small bubbles appeared. So, I'm getting it re-done.

The axle, centre exhaust and rear trialling arms where the only things I didn't replace on the rebuild. Truth is there is nothing wrong with the original bits....Nice to have new bits though..:eek:

:chin: - hmm, I just might consider remarrying if I could come out with a similar deal - a woman lean enough to carry over a threshold (ideally it would be her threshold... and without having to work out at a gym for 6 months beforehand) and such a fine looking Panda to deliver us to said threshold...

thing is, when I do do passengers they all say the same thing:

'How do you get out?' - they can't get out quick enough lol

Back