Technical Car moves off by itself!?

Currently reading:
Technical Car moves off by itself!?

Ok, selected '06 and gearbox, went to read fault codes and nothing came up. No codes.

Last edited:
What about engine fault codes?

Currently the following engine codes are present.
I believe the ones referring to the MAP are a result of me unplugging it to see what would happen. Not really focusing on individual codes at the minute, more concerned with why pressure readings are so far off those in the troubleshooting thread.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-27-16-50-53-082_com.ovz.carscanner.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-27-16-50-53-082_com.ovz.carscanner.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 24
On that dualogic troubleshooting guide I see mention of "Clutch self-adjustment (kiss point)".

Is this something I can adjust using multiecuscan? Or is there any other sort of calibration I can run.

On that dualogic troubleshooting guide I see mention of "Clutch self-adjustment (kiss point)".

Is this something I can adjust using multiecuscan? Or is there any other sort of calibration I can run.

yes but check the pressures First

I believe it goes something like this
but dont quote me

i found more information about the calibration procedures, i edited my previous post with the correct procedures and requirements. I'll post them here again;

Requirements
- Engine coolant temp > 80 degr. celcius
- Clutch temp between 20 - 150 degr. celcius
- No errors in engine ECU
- No errors in Selespeed ECU

Procedure sequence
- 2x Clutch bleed
- Enable clutch self calibration or calculate degradation index
- EOL service

Calculate degradation index

1) Put key on MAR,
2) Connect with FES to selespeed ECU,
3) Choose 'calculate degredation index' and press 'execute',
4) switch key to STOP (connection with FES is terminated but this is OK),
5) switch key to MAR and start the engine,
6) set gearbox in 2nd gear (manual),
7) pull up gentle and accelerate in 2nd gear till you reach 3000rpm,
8) brake and stop the car,
9) switch key STOP,
10) switch key to MAR,
11) connect FES to selespeed ECU and check the 'Clutch degredation index' in the parameter section.

You see that the degredation index 'll now be calculated and a different number 'll appear.

Enable clutch self calibration
The 'enable clutch self calibration' option has a different approach. follow this procedure;

1) Key in MAR engine off.
2) Press execute
3) Start engine
4) Wait for 10 seconds, then turn key to stop
5) Turn key to MAR directly after the stop

Some other diagnostic tools note that this procedure must be repeated 5 times. I don`t know for sure if this is true but i think it is worth mentioning.

I ask you again to change this in FES program as other users 'll ask this question again

If the hydraulic pressure and idle are both normal but the car is still moving off I think this may be a case of the clutch slipping.

I don't think it will let you recalibrate until you fix the problems with the throttle and MAP circuits.
You may well make things worse.
Although I also think that if you fix those problems, you may find there is actually not a problem with the gearbox, clutch or Dualogic actuator. It really does look like an electronics/sensor/wiring/earth problem, not a mechanical one.
On eLearn (the Punto one, I think), there is a table showing what operations are permissible against the states of various sensors and controls.
Might be worth reading.... I will see if I have a copy.

I don't think it will let you recalibrate until you fix the problems with the throttle and MAP circuits.
You may well make things worse.
Although I also think that if you fix those problems, you may find there is actually not a problem with the gearbox, clutch or Dualogic actuator. It really does look like an electronics/sensor/wiring/earth problem, not a mechanical one.
On eLearn (the Punto one, I think), there is a table showing what operations are permissible against the states of various sensors and controls.
Might be worth reading.... I will see if I have a copy.

the cars idling nice and steady at 850 rpm now ???

If the hydraulic pressure and idle are both normal but the car is still moving off I think this may be a case of the clutch slipping.

maybe

but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

lets get the diagnostics connected to the gearbox module

and read stored and current codes

and then read the degredation index and pressures before touching anything else.

But still has errors showing?
Dualogic ECU has to infer your intentions from the sensors and controls that feed into it.
Good that it now idles OK, but from the screenshot, at least 3 of the errors are values which are used by the Dualogic ECU to decide what to do (throttle opening, MAP sensor etc.)

However, that's just my opinion.
Never seen the car and I don't use AlfaOBD, so I could be completely wrong.

However, my main point was that I think the calibration routine won't run if certain errors already exist. Or it will bale out before it finishes, which could make things worse.

But still has errors showing?
Dualogic ECU has to infer your intentions from the sensors and controls that feed into it.
Good that it now idles OK, but from the screenshot, at least 3 of the errors are values which are used by the Dualogic ECU to decide what to do (throttle opening, MAP sensor etc.)

However, that's just my opinion.
Never seen the car and I don't use AlfaOBD, so I could be completely wrong.

However, my main point was that I think the calibration routine won't run if certain errors already exist. Or it will bale out before it finishes, which could make things worse.

sorry

your correct I thought you were talking about the garage report

my mistake I missed the last screen shot.

most of it you can ignore. Pending codes. The last couple is concerning as its present and one concerns the throttle pedal

which will need fixing first

My Panda whether in drive or reverse will roll forward or backwards on an incline. It will only move when the accelerator is pressed and it behaviour is like a manual car, e.g, if on an forward incline it will roll back until the accelerator is pressed significantly enough.
For your Panda to move off without pressing the accelerator is concerning as it violates the protection systems to avoid unattended acceleration.

Funnily enough the OBD cable arrived today but the driving-off/refusal to go into N issue has mysteriously disappeared again. (Remember this is an intermittent fault). So I must wait a little while for it to come back, or fingers crossed for it to have gone for good!

Funnily enough the OBD cable arrived today but the driving-off/refusal to go into N issue has mysteriously disappeared again. (Remember this is an intermittent fault). So I must wait a little while for it to come back, or fingers crossed for it to have gone for good!

scan your codes again

if the throttle pedal error has gone away

and comes back when the problem reappears you will have your answer

Back