Bye Bye 500

Currently reading:
Bye Bye 500

This has nothing to do with the 500 anymore, so I'm moving it to Non Fiat. Also, please keep it on topic, there are plenty of other places to discuss driving styles.

what a crazy comment :confused:
How is it? It's my opinion.

Yea, and a Porsche would be even quicker, but it's not all about bombing around in a small car at full tilt all the time and getting through more tyres than an F1 car. Your choice though(y)
You said it yourself. Don't get me wrong, the MiTo was ok, comfy, roomy, quiet much more refined than the Abarth. But it did roll a lot in corners (a burden in Wales) and wasn't as good on fuel either (same engine but heavier car) I preferred the handling, steering weight, gear change and performance in general on the Abarth. The MiTo 155 though would have overtaken me after 80+ methinks. Oh and the other annoying thing, the MiTo had more interior rattles than the Abarth believe it or not!

As for my driving, it's unfair to assume i drive "unsafe" as none of you have ever been in a car with me. Remember tyres squeal a lot easier than you think, it doesn't mean you're out of control! :)

But it did roll a lot in corners (a burden in Wales)

That's such a nothing statement. Roll isn't necessarily a bad thing, in fact on bumpy roads like those in the UK you want suspension that is more supple.

As for my driving, it's unfair to assume i drive "unsafe" as none of you have ever been in a car with me. Remember tyres squeal a lot easier than you think

No they don't! That's such a load of BS. This is why your tyres are wearing so quickly. Drive with a bit more sympathy and you'd probably get 10 from the fronts on your car. I could do my usual thing and explain why but you'll do your usual thing about how one of your mates goes through tyres quicker as if this makes what you're doing normal.

That's such a nothing statement. Roll isn't necessarily a bad thing, in fact on bumpy roads like those in the UK you want suspension that is more supple.

No they don't! That's such a load of BS. This is why your tyres are wearing so quickly. Drive with a bit more sympathy and you'd probably get 10 from the fronts on your car. I could do my usual thing and explain why but you'll do your usual thing about how one of your mates goes through tyres quicker as if this makes what you're doing normal.
Just your opinion i suppose. Different to mine, but that's fine, opinions are often different...

It's not opinion, it's fact, no one else wears their tyres out as quickly as you. NO ONE.
Correction, no one in the 500 section of this tiny forum. I know plenty of people (as you know) who drive considerably quicker than me, and what about the whole world maxi? There are over 6 billion people out there. No one at all? Are you sure?

Correction, no one in the 500 section of this tiny forum. I know plenty of people (as you know) who drive considerably quicker than me, and what about the whole world maxi? There are over 6 billion people out there. No one at all? Are you sure?
Don't you have yearly accidents, yet find that normal :confused:

Don't you have yearly accidents, yet find that normal :confused:
Oh but the people he knows have bi-yearly accidents so that's not relevant to him *sticks fingers in ears and says lalalalalalalalala like DraigFlag does*

Perhaps around your part of the country people don't have as many accidents but....

1 The roads here are more abrasive
2 We've got tourists
3 I know this guy who wears his tyres out tri-weekly
4 I'm just enjoying myself! Stop being horrible you horrible horrible man :(
5 You don't have an Abarth, you're jealous
Etc etc etc *falls asleep to the sound of the same ole broken record*

Etc etc etc *falls asleep to the sound of the same ole broken record*
And the "most ironic statement of the day" goes to Maxi for yet again bringing this up, well done. Please shut up now, nothing you say or do will stop me driving the car i worked hard for. My car, my rules. One life, live it to the full, take some risks, make some mistakes along the way and learn from them, have fun, i do! Life is awesome and you are boring! :slayer::slayer::slayer:

One life, live it to the full, take some risks, make some mistakes along the way and learn from them, have fun, i do! Life is awesome and you are boring! :slayer::slayer::slayer:
One life - that is a matter of opinion! ;)

Personally, if you want to risk your life now, then fine - just ensure you don't take anyone else with you!!!

One life - that is a matter of opinion! ;)

Personally, if you want to risk your life now, then fine - just ensure you don't take anyone else with you!!!
Well if you have read ANY of my previous posts, you will know that:

1. Very rarely i drive fast, i drive slower than most.
2. Only when conditions permit, low traffic/empty roads, good weather etc
3. I know and respect both the limits of the car, and my capabilities in the car i drive
4. When i occasionaly enjoy my great car on these amazing roads, it is always on roads i know better than the back of my hand.

If you want to eliminate the risk altogether, then don't leave the house! 2 bikers were killed last week near me, if you want to see bad driving, go and see them. I don't hear much criticism about their driving? Hope this helps.

If you want to eliminate the risk altogether, then don't leave the house! 2 bikers were killed last week near me, if you want to see bad driving, go and see them. I don't hear much criticism about their driving? Hope this helps.

Typical behaviour from yourself *shakes head* It's like saying that Robert Mugabe is OK because .... well just take a look at what Hitler did.

As many mums have said, two wrongs don't make a right.

How do you drive a motorcycle :p I thought you rode one.

Again, YOU may know the roads like the back of your hands - and in fact I know plenty of roads like the back of my hands - BUT what about the poor old sod coming the other way who doesn't? Or the ramblers on the road, etc.

Anyway, I am bored now :D

Typical behaviour from yourself *shakes head* It's like saying that Robert Mugabe is OK because .... well just take a look at what Hitler did.

As many mums have said, two wrongs don't make a right.
Do you know how boring your lectures are? I think having an older wife has turned you old before your time maybe? You sound like someones Grandad.

I remember your lectures back when i bought the car, now 18,000 miles on with no "out of control" moments or near misses at all, you still have it in your head that i can't drive my car on my roads that i have been driving for the past 75,000 odd miles. You obviously have deeper issues that need resolving, even i can see that and i'm no psychologist. Why don't you find something else to do? :)

Anyway, I am bored now :D

You're a far more sensible and intelligent person than I. I have the misguided opinion that one day he might actually see the light.

Oooh he's doing his psychologist routine now, it's quite cute when he does that (y)

Back