500 Scrappage Car Pictures

Currently reading:
500 Scrappage Car Pictures

Have you got any pictures of the Scrappage Cars that you traded in for your new Fiat 500 ?

Here's mine at 115,000 miles

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Looks OK!

Don't have any pics, but scrapped a 1997 Volvo V40 1.8 estate with 90K on the clock and 3 weeks MOT (had been offered £400 trade-in) so not bad. The body work was OK but the electrics were very flakey (think they were mostly renault parts bin in these Volvo`s so that might explain it!).

Also don't forget to reclaim any road tax back, I got £75.00 back from the DVLA which was enough to re-tax the 500 for another 2 years!(y)

I have a photo of my FTO, but it exceeds the upload limit. Any idea how to reduce the size of the photo? Its 500kb.

Have you got any pictures of the Scrappage Cars that you traded in for your new Fiat 500 ?

Here's mine at 115,000 miles

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php
Looks very clean,nearly too good to scrap! No one would pay £2000 privately though.I am sure there are some very good cars with plenty of life in them being crushed.Great shame.

Looks very clean,nearly too good to scrap! No one would pay £2000 privately though.I am sure there are some very good cars with plenty of life in them being crushed.Great shame.
I paid £425 cash for it in June 2008. Had 100,000 miles recorded at that time.

Since then I tidied it up, cleaned it out and put another 15,000 miles on it, or another way, kept 15,000 miles off my VXR :)

Pure fluke that the scrappage scheme came into force shortly after, so cant complain really :)

EDIT: One of my mates is gutted though as he wanted it... very reliable car, except nothing works on it now other than the vital components :) Would be cheap to fix though

Last edited:
Ah it worked. I've had it 7 years......Modified a bit. Got rid of the CAT converter, £1500 on the sound system.....Drilled and grooved brake discs.....etc.....

Inside............soooooo sad its going....:(

Attachments

• inside.JPG
    inside.JPG
    149.4 KB · Views: 47
It's a bit sad - maybe I am just too sentimental;) I wonder if some future and present 'classics' have been scrapped though which will lead to a bit of regret in years to come? I think of the run of the mill cars on the road when I was a child which seem to be quite collectable now. Just a thought and probably a bad one.

Personally I am glad I need to keep my 15 year old Merc Estate (the old boxy W124 type). It has 146,000 miles on the clock but is a real workhorse and just keeps on going. I have become rather attached to it and the thought of it being crushed:eek::eek:

It's a bit sad - maybe I am just too sentimental;) I wonder if some future and present 'classics' have been scrapped though which will lead to a bit of regret in years to come? I think of the run of the mill cars on the road when I was a child which seem to be quite collectable now. Just a thought and probably a bad one.

Personally I am glad I need to keep my 15 year old Merc Estate (the old boxy W124 type). It has 146,000 miles on the clock but is a real workhorse and just keeps on going. I have become rather attached to it and the thought of it being crushed:eek::eek:

Old mercs are great I had a 1972 s class w108...let me find a photo..
14218086_2345710952_o.jpg

It's a bit sad - maybe I am just too sentimental;) I wonder if some future and present 'classics' have been scrapped though which will lead to a bit of regret in years to come?
Without doubt... some dealers have refused some scrappage cars due to their 'classic' status.. making arrangements with the owners to move the cars on for them...

Here is my scrappage car Renault Laguna 1.8 sport not much to look at but has been reliable transport for the last 7 years, i'm sorry to scrap it but wouldn't have £2000 for my new car without it..:cry:

P9200002.JPG

P9200003.JPG

Without doubt... some dealers have refused some scrappage cars due to their 'classic' status.. making arrangements with the owners to move the cars on for them...

I'm pleased to hear that as would be too, too tragic otherwise. My parents had an old Morris 1300 when I was a child which was a pretty mundane car back then but guess they would be collectible now. I always smile when I see one. In fact we had a banana yellow Austin Maxi back in the 70's which I always thought was hideous but when I saw one exactly the same colour recently on the road in perfect condition I was SO happy to see it:)

I picked up my 500 last thursday and this is what I scrapped, A '96 306 which only had 88k on the clock. I bought it in March of 2008 after I passed my test and it was a great runner, besides the fact I had to pay for a new clutch last year about 2 months after I bought it :eek: I was still sorry to see it go because it had been a great runner and helped me move all sorts of stuff in the past year, from fridges to a friends whole gear for uni (y)

S8000355.jpg

S8000356.jpg

Last edited:
Back