500 Scrappage Car Pictures

Currently reading:
500 Scrappage Car Pictures

Oh dear, have you noticed the condition of our 'scrappers'... they are all in pretty good nick !!
Mine wasn't! It had some electrical problems. Example being the rev counter sometimes didn't work and when the rev counter wasn't working the air con wouldn't work either. Heater fan wouldn't work either. Plus it blew it's head gasket twice and had a huge dent which you can see in the pics I posted.

Exhaust fell off as well which was fun :p
26092008053.jpg

My scrappage car is in my sig - 1997 Vauxhall Corsa.. I don't want to scrap her but the 2000quid was just too good to miss! Would never have got that privately.

Some real nice cars in this thread! Shame to lose them

I still highly doubt the majority of people are getting a good deal from this.

The value of these "scrap" cars has gone up since the government introduced this scheme.

And surely no true car enthusiast would scrap a perfectly good working car :confused:

Why not just take out your finance, keep your old car and sell it privately to a good home.

New cars are shiete and boring compared to older methinks.

Yeah, I mean they're scrapping compleate cars!

Only had to have MOT and owned over 12 months (as well as being over 10 years old) and thats all the car has to be to qualify.

Someone in Classic Panda section was talking of scrapage schemeing a classic Panda, but stripping all bar the bear essenitals off of it to get it to dealer!!!

Selling all the spares privatly :p

If they did or not I'm not sure though, but dealer said that they could :)

The value of these "scrap" cars has gone up since the government introduced this scheme.

And surely no true car enthusiast would scrap a perfectly good working car :confused:

Why not just take out your finance, keep your old car and sell it privately to a good home.

New cars are shiete and boring compared to older methinks.

I quite agree with you. Most new cars are shoite.

My 406 had numerous problems and needed to have it's head gasket done yet again so it was going to get scrapped anyway so for me I got a good deal because I got a 2k discount on a car that Fiat aren't discounting at the moment :)

Back