£5000

Currently reading:
£5000

Yeah I know Alex, just having the craik... I dont NEED one, just looks VFM but I do agree there are shortcomings. Lad I know (27 yrs old) has one & loves it to bits but admits it aint good on juice... whereas my i30 is now returning 45.4 MPG (1.6 N/A petrol) on urban driving.

Yeah I know Alex, just having the craik... I dont NEED one, just looks VFM but I do agree there are shortcomings. Lad I know (27 yrs old) has one & loves it to bits but admits it aint good on juice... whereas my i30 is now returning 45.4 MPG (1.6 N/A petrol) on urban driving.

fair enough mate, wouldn't be as bad if you could gas convert them but for some reason you can't, the power to MPG is way out i reckon, probably not a bad car but these days gas guzzlers are no good. keep the i30 :D

just trying to help, my mate has one and hates it, there's a reason they're so cheap.

Just cost my dad £2200 for a new wing on a latest model lexus IS250 - in white (official dealer repair)

It was £45 just for the new 'F-sport' badge!

Cheap they might have been but they arent anymore

Last edited:
:confused: I was on about is200's being cheap these days not the cost of dealership repairs.

Yeah and i was counteracting that they arent cheap anymore, if they were at all

I know your mates like a cheap car, theres been enough threads about them going wrong

They may have been done to a budget before, but the budget has obviously been blown if its £45 for badge!

They share the same body so £2200 for a wing is cheap is it?

Also, why are the consistently in the top 10 for customer and vehicle satisfaction like the top gear JD power survey? Even when this model, which is accused of being cheap they were in the top 10 for how good their cars were

They must be doing something right

Last edited:
Yeah and i was counteracting that they arent cheap anymore, if they were at all

I know your mates like a cheap car, theres been enough threads about them going wrong

They may have been done to a budget before, but the budget has obviously been blown if its £45 for badge!

They share the same body so £2200 for a wing is cheap is it?

Also, why are the consistently in the top 10 for customer and vehicle satisfaction like the top gear JD power survey? Even when this model, which is accused of being cheap they were in the top 10 for how good their cars were

They must be doing something right

ermm.. what? i wasn't having a go..

there's been enough threads about my mates liking a cheap car?? :confused: my mates lexus was £3k and most of my mates drive company cars or nearly new ones.

like i say, i was on about the IS200's being cheap to buy second hand just as ffoxy was, not the cost of getting them repaired at dealerships so i don't really get where you're coming from?

Last edited:
do some research then :p i asked my mate why he doesn't get it done and apparently every week on the forum there's someone who has had it done and it's quickly ruined the car, i didn't care enough to look into it :)

Probably dodgy fitters. I am aware of the problems that can happen but the correct kit installed properly will prevent these issues froma rising :)

Back