£5000

Currently reading:
£5000

Ffoxy

Telford's Own...
Buys an awful lot of quality car (Lexus IS200) 2003 1 owner with 35k miles on the clock, FDSH, Taxed & tested for 12 months.

If you dont mind an older higher mileage example they go for as little as £1,250!

£300 insurance for me, so whats the drawback?
Owners reviews rave about them, they seem very reliable, I like the looks, loads of gadgets n gizmo's.... emissions look a bit high so Road Tax wouldnt be cheap.

Anyone got any considered opinions other than the usual "Toyota in a different frock" type stuff?

Looking more for the drawbacks than alternatives Dave. :p

its a Lexus, people get enough stick on here for just having the lights, think how low your street cred is going to go with a whole car :devil:

Lol... I quit worrying about street cred when I bought my GPS! ;)

I think you are on the money mostly T... except for the engine bit, very smooth from what I saw today, likes to rev well past 4.5k. and pretty much silent, even on a 150,000 miler!

Chris the Audi's are mahooosive! Compared to the IS200 anyway!

I guess I'll stick at the mo... :)

It was a private sale mate, ordinary steering set up, noticed the steering wheel is only up-down adjustable though... odd.

Still the seat will go anywhere you like electrically lol... and everything worked too, super-smooth sunroof, air-con was like a frickin fridge! Nice drive but not a big Auto gearbag fan, and I noted the gearbox issues on the manual versions.

Last edited:
Slow for what it is. It's a N/A 2 litre car with no performance pretensions Alex...

And it was also Executive & Luxury Car of the Year in 2005, the kind of age when its price becomes more attractive now we are in 2011 lol, beating the likes of Mercedes & BMW 3 & 5 series again.

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/jd-power-survey-2005/executive-and-luxury-cars/214562

So it cant be that bad :-
http://www.whatcar.com/NonCar/134555246.jpg

we weren't paying 1.40£ a litre in 2005..

it has like 140bhp though, for a 2 litre that barely does 20mpg.

i know lexus quoted more but my mate went to a RR day with a few others, the most any of them got was 142bhp :O

i can't see the point in them at all these days, why anyone would choose one over a modern diesel is beyond me, give me a mondeo tdci any day, twice the mpg, more power, cheaper tax, cheaper insurance, cheaper parts.. the list goes on.

Last edited:
I get that Alex... but not quite the same exclusivety, style & gadgets in a Mondy lol! I'm still happy with my i30, just planning ahead! ;)

Mondeo's are a youngsters car? :confused:

Full high quality leather, electric everything, climate control with air-con AND a full sliding sun-roof, very close fitting panels, no rust, no oil leaks, silent running engine for starters...

Mondeo's are a youngsters car? :confused:

Full high quality leather, electric everything, climate control with air-con AND a full sliding sun-roof, very close fitting panels, no rust, no oil leaks, silent running engine for starters...

maybe not, but they're not an old man's car either, an ST TDCI has all that and more, better handling too, maybe apart from the silent running but to me, that's not worth 20mpg.

just trying to help, my mate has one and hates it, there's a reason they're so cheap.

Back