RWD For £300-£500?

Currently reading:
RWD For £300-£500?

been on the BMW forum a bit and they reckon it's pretty much unheard of for it to be the chain, the 1.8 16v engine is the strongest too, not sure about that lol

need a cheap way of getting to huddersfield from newcastle now lol, can't get a lift as previously arranged :(

i knew my budget was enough for what i wanted (y) £375 for a 3l v6 omega elite in silver, with all the toys, tax and test.

we've had a few as a family and they've been good, biggest we had was the 2.5 v6 CDX which was a beast.

going to see how the 318 is pans out first as obviously the omega isnt my first choice since it's such a massive car and would be harder to sell on.

CC bumpers are still in use, in my area i see 2 other green SXs one R reg and one S reg quite regularly so they can't be too hard too find (y)

:eek: reli ive only ever seen urs and another 1 with cc bumpers but a fair few without...

picking it up tommorow, someone said they took the tensioner apart, stretched the string and put a .5mm shim behind it and it quietened it down lots, going to give that a go before i drive up newcastle, still not sure exactly on what to do though

The newer tensioners, the only one you can get these days, are slightly longer than the older design anyway. To put a shim in there you need to take it out anyway so just a bung a new one in, stop at a EuroCarParts on the way up, that way you know its proper.

Back