Brush, Roller or Paint Pad?

Currently reading:
Brush, Roller or Paint Pad?

I have recently tried a paint pad and although they are not as messy as a roller I find the finish is a little crappy for walls and ceilings. What do you prefer?

depends on how much painting is needed. A few years back I did a whole house as part of a renovation project so I did the whole lot with a spray gun.
For a small project (eg decorating 1 room), I'd buy a cheapo roller & bin it afterwards.
I did a stint on maintenance for a while & that involved decorating a bedroom at least once per fortnight. Rollers were wrapped in a cheapo pedal bin liner & stayed good for months (mind you, they were quality trade sleeves).
When I had time afterwards I would sometimes clean them by spinning the paint out using a drill & washing the sleeves in a bit of warm soapy water.

I can't get on with paint pads at all. I prefer a big brush or for big spaces a roller. You will use more paint though with a roller, so bear that in mind if you haven't got much left and you need another coat. I hate cleaning brushes and especially rollers, but I can't bring myself to bin a roller after one job! Also, new brushes are a pain as they lose bristles which stick in the paint!. A good quality used and properly cleaned brush is better than a brand new one.

Rolling is best and don't have to be messy. Have a look on utube for some great advice on painting ceilings.

Back