Tuning Bluetooth has switched off on my Panda 4x4 twin air.

Currently reading:
Tuning Bluetooth has switched off on my Panda 4x4 twin air.

RedPanda77

Hey guys ?
This is my first post so hopefully someone will be able to help ?
So, I've had my Panda 0.9 twin air 4x4 for a year and was using the Bluetooth technology really well. Then the other day I think I pressed something by mistake and the Bluetooth sign has disappeared from the radio panel. I have attached a picture to show you all.
So my query is: does anyone have any idea how to switch the Bluetooth function back on? When I try to pair my phone again it obviously can't find any Bluetooth signal.
It is honestly driving me crackers as I have trawled through the manual, online videos etc but its all about pairing your phone etc.

Amy ideas? Thanks so much for reading ??

Attachments

• 20211003_130354.jpg
    20211003_130354.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 721
Hey guys ��
This is my first post so hopefully someone will be able to help ��
So, I've had my Panda 0.9 twin air 4x4 for a year and was using the Bluetooth technology really well. Then the other day I think I pressed something by mistake and the Bluetooth sign has disappeared from the radio panel. I have attached a picture to show you all.
So my query is: does anyone have any idea how to switch the Bluetooth function back on? When I try to pair my phone again it obviously can't find any Bluetooth signal.
It is honestly driving me crackers as I have trawled through the manual, online videos etc but its all about pairing your phone etc.

Amy ideas? Thanks so much for reading ����
Press the 'media' button, the lower left one around the right hand control knob?

Although I suspect it more likely that bluetooth has been turned off on your phone: on my car, the Bluetooth symbol only appears after a short time, when the connection between phone and car is re-established each time I get in. If I turn Bluetooth off on the phone, the symbol on the radio disappears.

Last edited:
Press the 'media' button, the lower left one around the right hand control knob?

Although I suspect it more likely that bluetooth has been turned off on your phone: on my car, the Bluetooth symbol only appears after a short time, when the connection between phone and car is re-established each time I get in. If I turn Bluetooth off on the phone, the symbol on the radio disappears.

Hi, thanks for the reply. When I press the media button it only comes up with the radio or 'no media attached' or similar. The Bluetooth has always been on my phone as I never really have it off ?
I have tried re-pairing the phone but it never finds the cars Bluetooth ? so frustrating.
Thanks anyway ??

Hi, thanks for the reply. When I press the media button it only comes up with the radio or 'no media attached' or similar. The Bluetooth has always been on my phone as I never really have it off ?
I have tried re-pairing the phone but it never finds the cars Bluetooth ? so frustrating.
Thanks anyway ??

Hi, I never managed to turn the Bluetooth (Blue and Me, B&M) off on mine but it is not unknown for the B&M unit to fail. Symptoms of this is a flashing odometer? The B&M module is under the drivers seat on the RHD version; another symptom is it drains the battery over a few days if the car is not used since it fails in activated state...

Of course yours may not be a B&M fitted car if you are lucky. Sorry I can't shine anymore light.

Have you cleared the user data and tried again?

If you enter the blue&me menu from the steering wheel you should be able to get into the Bluetooth menu, and clear all user data from there.

Hopefully you can switch it back into 'search' mode and re-pair from there, apologies, but I can't find the relevant manual online.

Have you cleared the user data and tried again?

If you enter the blue&me menu from the steering wheel you should be able to get into the Bluetooth menu, and clear all user data from there.

Hopefully you can switch it back into 'search' mode and re-pair from there, apologies, but I can't find the relevant manual online.

This car has uConnect, not BlueAndME. While that might seem a petty distinction, it means that the menus for the system accessed from the steering wheel are different... images to follow

Last edited:
Hi, I never managed to turn the Bluetooth (Blue and Me, B&M) off on mine but it is not unknown for the B&M unit to fail. Symptoms of this is a flashing odometer? The B&M module is under the drivers seat on the RHD version; another symptom is it drains the battery over a few days if the car is not used since it fails in activated state...

Of course yours may not be a B&M fitted car if you are lucky. Sorry I can't shine anymore light.

This car has uConnect not Blue and Me (see top of the screen in the photo) so all the 'gubbinns' to make it work is inside the radio head unit, no longer using a unit under the seat.

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for the reply. When I press the media button it only comes up with the radio or 'no media attached' or similar. The Bluetooth has always been on my phone as I never really have it off ��
I have tried re-pairing the phone but it never finds the cars Bluetooth �� so frustrating.
Thanks anyway ����

Did you try re-pairing via the voice commands (never really worked for me), or the menus? And did you tell your phone to 'forget the device' (device name 'Radio BT') first (it can't show it to re-pair if it thinks its already connected)

I can (and have :) ) just unpaired and re-paired mine using the menus without issue (iPhone in my case)... so if yours isn't playing ball and Bluetooth works for other things, sounds like your radio unit is playing up?

Last edited:
That would make sense, I mistakenly assumed that the OBD would still display some of the functionality - ignore my ramblings!

I amended my comment above (after your reply i guess) to say that the dash display is used for pairing :) but, its not used to show other info you used to get in B&M, such as album lists etc - these show only on the radio screen

Last edited:
Suggest maybe trying this route (if you've not already): note iPhone here, and only for uConnect (not Blue&me setup)

1 - You need to get your phone to forget the existing connection: go to Settings/Bluetooth in phone, find 'Radio BT' and choose 'forget this device'
2 - press the menu button on the steering wheel, not the radio (button at the top right of right hand set of buttons with two 'overlapped rectangles' symbol on it)
3 - use right hand scroller on steering wheel to scroll to show 'settings' in the dash display
4 - press centre of scroller to 'ok' settings, then choose 'pairing' and 'ok' that
5 - ignore any PIN info shown!
6 - on iPhone, go to Settings/Bluetooth and choose 'Radio BT' from 'other devices' list
7 - on selecting this the phone shows a pairing code which is repeated on the dash display
8 - accept the various messages on phone
9 - pairing is complete, and the Bluetooth symbol will now show up on the radio display(even if set to listen to the radio). Also the phone battery and signal strength images appear.

Last edited:
By the way, once we get this sorted, has anyone yet found out how to change the 'My EQ' settings on the radio?? While I've fathomed pretty well everything else on this and several other cars, although i can select 'My EQ' I have never yet found a way to alter the EQ graph settings in it!

Nor me! On the subject of BT loss I would try disconnecting the battery for half an hour. You can do this with the quick release button on the negative terminal. My only loss of BT signal has been down to my phone settings, So I agree with clear Radio BT off your phone and remove phone from the cae using steering wheel keys via settings and start again with pairing as suggested by HHH.

I may go try to adjust the eq but have never seen anything that would do it.

Thanks everyone! Yes my car is equipped with the unconnect. I will try all these tips today and pray. Will update you when I'm (hopefully) reconnected ?

Back