Technical Blue and me issues

Currently reading:
Technical Blue and me issues

No, as long as you get one from a car the same sort of age, it will be fine.

Thank you for the quick response it’s much appreciated. Do you know if there are there any other fiat models that share the same blue and me module as the 500 please?

PS - I’m happy to share some photos of me removing the rear seat and the rear nearside panel to access the blue and me module if any one needs these?

PS - I’m happy to share some photos of me removing the rear seat and the rear nearside panel to access the blue and me module if any one needs these?

I "think" Typecastboy advises NOT to remove the lower seat belt mounting bolt if you need to as it's easy to snap off, could be wrong.

I "think" Typecastboy advises NOT to remove the lower seat belt mounting bolt if you need to as it's easy to snap off, could be wrong.
Definitely avoid removing the bottom left hand bolt if you can unless you have an impact wrench. If you do it with a socket wrench it will almost certainly shear off either taking it out or putting it back.

You can bend it out of the way enough to get to seatbelt or Blue & Me unit. Makes it a bit more challenging but not worth the risk.

I’ve already removed the rear seat belt mounting bolt now!! It came out ok although I took it out slowly. I’m really worried about putting it back in now - If it does shear when I screw it back in what then?

Last edited:
If it does shear when I screw it back in what then?

That's definitely a place you don't want to be.

Once it's out, it's not so likely as when removing it, but a little grease on the mounting bolt will help - just remember to torque up to only about 2/3 of the recommended dry torque setting, or you may overtighten and strip the threads (as with any greased bolts).

If you want a gold-plated solution, carefully run a tap into the thread in the chassis, and a die down the bolt.

If you want a gold-plated solution, carefully run a tap into the thread in the chassis, and a die down the bolt.

Been a while since I've done similar.. but they tend to be an Odd thread

So hard to obtain taps and dies :eek:

A wire brush will help shift any corrosion or remnants of threadlock

Once it's out, it's not so likely as when removing it, but a little grease on the mounting bolt will help - just remember to torque up to only about 2/3 of the recommended dry torque setting, or you may overtighten and strip the threads (as with any greased bolts).

Was just about to suggest that

Allthrough fine thread taps often used on high tensile bolts like these are less common then the normal ones

Quick update. I managed to remove the bolt and reinsert without any issue. I used lots of WD40 before removing it and just took it very slowly and carefully when removing.

No, as long as you get one from a car the same sort of age, it will be fine.

Thanks typecastboy ... as you suggested I decided to buy a different numbered B@M module to the one already in the car and it worked absolutely fine - other than the language being in Italian!! To solve I downloaded onto a USB stick a language file from the internet and then updated the module via the USB port in the car. Took less than a minute to download the update file and then bingo! was then speaking in English. Thanks for your help typecastboy it was genuinely appreciated.

That's good news. I had someone come and see me recently whose Blue & Me was in Italian and I told her you could probably download a language driver from the Blue & Me website but she said that she speaks fluent Italian and started talking to the car in it.

Glad it all worked out for you.

Back