Are britain Racist?

Currently reading:
Are britain Racist?

Re: Is Britain Racist?

i wasn't comparing F1 to religions. i was using it's rules and regs as an example, hence the 'lol'

Re: Is Britain Racist?

F1 is just as bad.

I like F1.

I don't like religion(any religion), its not for me. The brutality of religion is obvious by the millions of deaths it has caused, far more than any other single factor in human history ...

Edit.
or did I read somewhere that malaria was first and religion second?

Last edited:
Is Britain racist?

It's a fair comparison. When religion first kicked off people were killed for it, when F1 started you only had a one in three chance of surviving a race let alone a season. It's the same monotonous crap every Sunday with a slightly different outcome, like every Sunday service I have ever attended. Ultimately like the Roman Catholic Church (the very same Romans who killed Jesus by the way) it's all comes down to money.

Hang on that would make Bernie Ecclestone the Pope. :confused:

Massive epic huge multi-quote coming here.

Bludvl: are you happy for islam to grow in australia and the population of muslim to grow at an increasing rate each year?

Growth of Islam? Well, I can't say I am particularly pleased about it, but that because I don't believe that religion is generally very constructive in a broad sense. But seeing as there is a freedom to practice religion here, I have no objections to it on that front.
How about school that only teach islam where the attendees are 95% asian ?
Ah, you must mean Islamic schools. I have the same problem with those as those of Catholic, Christian, Hindu etc schools. Religion shouldn't be the basis of an education, but a balanced education needs to involve studies of religion (when students are of the age to make their own informed decisions) to understand history.

So if only fundamentalist muslims follow the Quran, what do the rest of them follow?
My apologies, I should have been a little clearer. Only fundamentalist muslims follow the Qur'an to the letter, just as only fundamentalist Christians follow the Bible to the letter.

I was christened Church of England but I am in no way religious. How religion effects people does interest me, the fact that many turn to religion when their life draws to an end is particularly intriguing, so I have read a little about most religions.
I was christened into a Protestant church, went to Catholic schools all my life, but I am also not religious. It is for the reasons above, and more that I believe that religions should be studied at schools. It is actually amazing when you discover where the roots of the various religions lay.

I haven't christened my own children, I believe they should be able to choose their own way when they're old enough to understand properly what religion is all about.
I admire that choice you have made. I will endeavour to do the same with my children because as a parent you have a responsibility to bring your children up to be the best they can be. By all means teach them about religion, but don't force them into it, regardless of the religion.

By my logic? :confused:

If A is true, then B must be true. If A and C are similar, then it stands to reason that they can be transposed ie: If B is true of A, then B must also be true of C

Britain as a whole isn't racist but it does have racists, majority of them being muslim in my experience.

Interesting that you say that. My only experience of being on the receiving end of racism was when I was 17 and in Singapore. Myself and an American woman were umpires at a large hockey tournament and were the only foreigners umpiring. This particular lady was very skilled, and had umpired at Olympic Games; while I was young and chosen to represent my country on a world scale because I showed promise. When it came time for finals, we both found ourselves umpiring the Women's Plate (the lowest final available) while truly horrendous Singaporean Indians were umpiring the rest.

This was an incident that shaped how I view the world, and how I act in it. I am concious at all times to be nice to people in general, and to treat people as they individually deserve to be treated.

Last edited:
Religion shouldn't be the basis of an education, but a balanced education needs to involve studies of religion (when students are of the age to make their own informed decisions) to understand history.

Religion was just a way of explaining the things around us because we didn't understand when or how they were created, but we do now. I personally don't think religion has a place in a modern society, its completely out dated and causes far more problems than it solves. Much of the violence around here is religion related. Yes we should be educated about all religions so we have a basic understanding of all of them but it should not be the main part of any education system IMO.

My apologies, I should have been a little clearer. Only fundamentalist muslims follow the Qur'an to the letter, just as only fundamentalist Christians follow the Bible to the letter.

Then the majority of muslims around here are fundamentalist muslims, they're just not pleasant people to be around, not a nice thing to say but its true when you compare them with the local Sikh's who are an absolute pleasure to talk to(and the food is awesome).

I was christened into a Protestant church, went to Catholic schools all my life, but I am also not religious. It is for the reasons above, and more that I believe that religions should be studied at schools. It is actually amazing when you discover where the roots of the various religions lay.

I was amazed how all the major religions are interconnected and could quite easily be the same story told through different eyes.

I admire that choice you have made. I will endeavour to do the same with my children because as a parent you have a responsibility to bring your children up to be the best they can be. By all means teach them about religion, but don't force them into it, regardless of the religion.

Wolverhampton truely is multicultural, and in the 45 years I've lived here I've grown up to appreciate some cultures/religions and avoid others. I want my children to see and learn as I did but to have the choice I never had.

This was an incident that shaped how I view the world, and how I act in it. I am concious at all times to be nice to people in general, and to treat people as they individually deserve to be treated.

I didn't start off being nice, in fact I was a complete arse when I was younger but when my daughter was born that had to change and I did, slowly, very slowly according to my X-wife. :eek:

I'm not the person I used to be, I try hard to be nice and go out of my way to help complete strangers. I'll help anyone that needs it regardless of race, colour, religion and I expect nothing in return for my efforts(but a pint of Guinness is never refused).

That said I am weary of muslims, right or wrong I have a distrust for them that has grown out of experience. I'm not saying they're all the same but I've not met one locally I'd like to meet again.

Should I judge everyone individually? Yes of course I should but its difficult when experience is telling me not too.

Am I being nice now to try and make up for being a complete arse when I was younger? My mom thinks so, either way she likes the new me.

Edit.
You quoted me saying:

If A is true, then B must be true. If A and C are similar, then it stands to reason that they can be transposed ie: If B is true of A, then B must also be true of C

That wasn't me, I don't think?

Last edited:
Unfortunately, i cant quote on the phone its too hard, but bludvl i completely agree with your replies to my quotes. Balanced schools are a must but becomes difficult when schools become populated with one dominating religion. Or for example, when muslims are exempt from religious studies, as was the case at my school

Shadeyman..i agree with what you say also..i cant quote it on here though!

The problem is, you changed, but most people i know are absolutely set in their views and have no reason to change them and similarly, groups like edl will continue to grow IMO.

This is a **** reply due to phone being.********.to reply on and this thread is blocked as nudity at work!

Last edited:
completely agree! and, is becoming worse according to http://englishdefenceleague.org/foru...e-under-islam/

So, are we racist, or would the country just like the government to look after its native people. But then again, who are the native people of modern times.

I've never been racist, I like different cultures etc, but in some places it seems certain cultures are being forced out.

I dont know what this means, but where i live has always been visually 'white', so when an indian fmaily moved in nearby it was a surprise and im not sure people like it..

Why shouldn't people like that? Why not allow the people to be liked based upon who they are and not what they look like?

What you've talked about in your local area is a prime example of racism.Sure it's not the nasty sieg heil type stuff, but it's still racism nonetheless.

I'm a foreigner being from Australia, so many times at work over the last 5 and a half years I've heard people saying stuff like bloody immigrants or foreigners or whatever and the moment they realise I'm in the room or catch my glare then they'll say "Oh I don't mean you Daniel, you're OK" because I'm white and speak the perfect Engrish so really it's down to people's skin colour or primary language.

I have experienced discimination whilst in the UK from some old Welsh idiot after a job interview who clearly wanted to give the job to a Welsh person as opposed to a foreigner (be they English, Indian or Australian) and that wasn't nice.

Pretty much my same life experience. Can't remember what church I was christened in but went to a Catholic school for 12 years and learnt about other religions and as far as I'm concerned they're more or less the same thing with different packaging.

The sad thing is that you get ignorant people like the parents of some of the wifes pupils who say **** like "I don't want my children learning about Islam as if simply hearing about Mohammed is going to poison their children.

The problem that Islam has is that some idiots who happen to be Muslims went and took down the twin towers and bombed London....... that **** had nothing to do with 99% of the Muslims out there in the real world just as the war in Iraq and Afghanistan has little to do with most people on this forum.

I hate all idiots whether they be British, White, Black, Yellow, Russian, Alien, Islamic, Buddhist or whatever. I hate them because they're an idiot, if they try and bring their race into why they feel the need to kill others then we need to see through the BS.

Sure it's weird that Muslims don't eat sweet sweet bacon and pork sausages, but Catholics have a bit of bread that they think is Jebus's body and some grape juice that is supposedly his blood. That's just as bloody weird if not weirder if you ask me.

That said I am weary of muslims, right or wrong I have a distrust for them that has grown out of experience. I'm not saying they're all the same but I've not met one locally I'd like to meet again.

Should I judge everyone individually? Yes of course I should but its difficult when experience is telling me not too.

Am I being nice now to try and make up for being a complete arse when I was younger? My mom thinks so, either way she likes the new me.

Whilst I've been critical of you before, I can't disagree with this. Life experience is how we all learn, if you have a bad experience someone of a particular group be they lesbian, gay, black, white, indian, french or whatever early on in your life then it's natural to be weary of said group. It's a survival instinct, if a dog bites you then you're going to be scared of it and other dogs, to just go out not being scared of dogs again would be illogical.

My first proper experience of an Islamic person was someone from another forum I met whilst living in Australia, her name was Unaiza and she was Indian. If she didn't have dark skin though you wouldn't have thought anything different of her.

It always helps to have good experiences to base your assumptions on but if it's your experience then I don't think anyone can begrudge you having your own view of things. As long as it's your own view and not one that you picked up off dad who heard about how horrible black people are from his mate Barney who had his wallet stolen by a black man 50 years ago.

I have experienced discimination whilst in the UK from some old Welsh idiot after a job interview who clearly wanted to give the job to a Welsh person as opposed to a foreigner (be they English, Indian or Australian) and that wasn't nice.

I ran my own business(builder) and I employed who ever I wanted to. I'm probabely the least politically correct person I know but if I wanted to employ a white English speaking person I would regardless of who or what tells me otherwise.

"Horses for Courses" as the old saying goes. Being able to do the job your employed to do is only a small part of having a job. Communication is important so an excellent understanding of the bosses language(English) is essential. I employed a Scottish plaster once who couldn't understand a word I said, needless to say I didn't employ him again.

I only had three rules:

1. You must be capable of the job
2. You must be able to understand what I tell you(over the phone 60% of the time).
3. I pay you to do a job, you want a fag, to pray, eat, ****, drink etc. you do it in your own time. I pay a good wage and I expect a fast neat job in return. Time is money to me, I see you wasting my time you'll be off site faster than a "paddy" on pay day.

Forcing employers to employ underskilled workers because of their race/ethnicity is pathetic and it winds me up when the race card is played because they didn't get the job ..

Last edited:
I ran my own business(builder) and I employed who ever I wanted to. I'm probabely the least politically correct person I know but if I wanted to employ a white English speaking person I would regardless of who or what tells me otherwise.

"Horses for Courses" as the old saying goes. Being able to do the job your employed to do is only a small part of having a job. Communication is important so an excellent understanding of the bosses language(English) is essential. I employed a Scottish plaster once who couldn't understand a word I said, needless to say I didn't employ him again.

I only had three rules:

1. You must be capable of the job
2. You must be able to understand what I tell you(over the phone 60% of the time).
3. I pay you to do a job, you want a fag, to pray, eat, ****, drink etc. you do it in your own time. I pay a good wage and I expect a fast neat job in return. Time is money to me, I see you wasting my time you'll be off site faster than a "paddy" on pay day.

Forcing employers to employ underskilled workers because of their race/ethnicity is pathetic ..

The thing is I was capable, the person they offered the job to had little practical experience and turned the offer down a week after accepting it, I didn't want to be reinterviewed but the person they then chose was effing incompetent and they got rid of him a couple of years later and I ended up temping there for a month whilst his replacement worked his notice, they were very happy with me and wished they'd just had me there originally.

There's nothing wrong with employing people you feel you'll be able to get along with well, but I was told in front of all the other applicants that "I was clearly ignorant of the education system in the UK" even though this guy must have been 80 and probably hadn't seen the inside of a classroom for yeeeeeeears and I'd been volunteering in a school for the past 5 months.

I've actually found that some of the older people in Wales seem more racist than racist English people, a racist English person won't mind an Aussie or a Scot or a Welsh person, but some.... and I stress SOME of the Welsh just don't like anyone who's not Welsh. Again I stress that this is veeeeeeeery much a minority view but one that I sadly encountered more often than I wanted to. I used to work for the county council and you'd get the councillors who knew very well that you didn't speak or understand Welsh but would always send you emails in Welsh..... Idiots....

Now I can understand why if faced with 2 equally skilled workers, one black and one white you'd choose the white person, I think that's natural, heck if a guy turned up in an Alfa you'd be more likely to choose him (I would too), but if the black guy was better and was someone you could effectively communicate with then you'd be an idiot to choose the white guy who couldn't do as good a job.

Now I can understand why if faced with 2 equally skilled workers, one black and one white you'd choose the white person, I think that's natural, heck if a guy turned up in an Alfa you'd be more likely to choose him (I would too), but if the black guy was better and was someone you could effectively communicate with then you'd be an idiot to choose the white guy who couldn't do as good a job.

Oh I quickly learnt who was best and the colour of their skin had nothing to do with it. As lond as I was making money I didn't care what you looked like.

One of the best bricklayers I've ever had the privilege of working with was a black guy. He was so fast a laying solid concrete blocks(very heavy) he had 2 labourers working flat out all day. A very skilled man and a plearsue to watch him work.

On the other hand I employed a female electrician, big mistake. The lads on site were bloody useless and wouldn't leave her alone(she was quite pretty). As soon as she was on site the whole job came to a stand still as they all wanted to "HELP" her, yeh right. :rolleyes:

I had to let her go, it wasn't her fault, she was just too pretty, mother was Italian, father was black but quite light skinned. Wasn't fair but I had no choice. She was quite understanding and a very good electrician but time is money and she was costing me.

Last edited:
I have absolutely no problem with anybody of a different skin colour or anything like that.
The problem I have, is when immigrants take over entire towns rather than spreading out and blending in.

There's an area not too far from where I live in Glasgow called Pollokshields and the Pakistani/Indian/Sikh population there is through the roof. They have literally transformed the place into a mini-India, and the reason I dislike this is because being a white male if I walk through the area I get lots of 'you shouldn't be here' looks from gangs of them and it's pretty intimidating.

If anyone comes over to our country for a better way of life, they should respect our culture and generally be happy that we accept them here and make an effort to integrate a bit better rather than swarming one area.

I have absolutely no problem with anybody of a different skin colour or anything like that.
The problem I have, is when immigrants take over entire towns rather than spreading out and blending in.

There's an area not too far from where I live in Glasgow called Pollokshields and the Pakistani/Indian/Sikh population there is through the roof. They have literally transformed the place into a mini-India, and the reason I dislike this is because being a white male if I walk through the area I get lots of 'you shouldn't be here' looks from gangs of them and it's pretty intimidating.

If anyone comes over to our country for a better way of life, they should respect our culture and generally be happy that we accept them here and make an effort to integrate a bit better rather than swarming one area.
Whilst I agree, I would have to say that sometimes, British people aren't the most welcoming of people. If people don't welcome you you're not going to want to blend in....

Whilst I agree, I would have to say that sometimes, British people aren't the most welcoming of people. If people don't welcome you you're not going to want to blend in....

yeah suppose you're right in some respects, and maybe years ago they would have been, but theres a boundary..and I dont think everybody wants to be welcoming anymore.

there are gangs everywhere, however, I wouldn't be the only one to say it bothers them more when it is people of a 'foreign' background, although the truth is they were probably born here.

Regardless of those that respect other cultures etc, there will always always be the minorities (im unsure about EDL due to tommy robinson bringing a sikh on stage to show he does appreciate other cultures, though probably a publicity act) that will always be set in their ways and hence blood shed is inevitable I think.

yeah suppose you're right in some respects, and maybe years ago they would have been, but theres a boundary..and I dont think everybody wants to be welcoming anymore.

Would they have been? Obviously I've only lived here for the last 6 years, but the picture I've had of Britain has always been the same. There have always been groups of people out there who don't like forgeigners. Perhaps Britain is no worse than anywhere other than in trying to hide it all.

Back