Are britain Racist?

Currently reading:
Are britain Racist?

I personally am partially racist, can I say that?:eek:

I've worked for some Pakistanis and they're great!

I've also been threatened numerous times by other Pakistanis!

What does get on my nerves is when a couple go into a shop, speak to the staff in English, then talk to each other in their language!:mad:

Dom

Would you agree with their points if you wasnt a white male and was from another race?

Can I tell you one of the points I agree with is that 'british nationals should recieve priority regarding healthcare'.

It is points like that I agree with. Other than that I would not vote for them.

To answer the question, if i was not a white male I may have been brought up differently, but if for some reason I woke up the same person but another race, I would respect the views and those native the country.

If I had moved here and wanted to bring my own views/religion/ideologies with me, then no, I would never vote for someone that would threaten me.

I personally am partially racist, can I say that?:eek:

I've worked for some Pakistanis and they're great!

I've also been threatened numerous times by other Pakistanis!

What does get on my nerves is when a couple go into a shop, speak to the staff in English, then talk to each other in their language!:mad:

Dom

I dont think thats racist. I've been threatened by white people, all that appear the same as those I will automatically dislike.

I think you just associate the bad experience with that race, to me, thats not racist. Well partially, but it's the same if a white chav someone harmed someone in your family, you would probably hate all 'chavs'

Last edited:
Skills can be learnt at any age, you wanna learn it, go for it.

Japanese/chinese appear to have integrated well IMO

older you get harder it is, some one above mentioned people speaking to their kids in native tongue, thats the time to do it, they now teach different languages on cbbies inc makaton, my grandson don't have special needs but already knows how signs for a lot of things like sandpit and parachute, so if he does meet a kid who uses makaton communication should be better between them also how to say hello in different languages, ( even if it is just monkey hear monkey say) its in his head now ready to be expanded on, he is only 2 and a half.

Dave, I think the underlying feelings with a lot of people is that the country is becoming less 'English'. In another country, you may well expect others to speak another language. I would never go to another country and expect them to all speak english as their first language.

The shop scenario is slightly different because they've served you, why does it matter if they speak another language afterwards. But if they can speak english, which they should be able to, it is only respectful.

Dave, I understand you may not be from a full 'english' background and hence the different view, but to a country that was predominately white, it is sometimes hard to not hear English being spoken by so called 'english' people.

older you get harder it is, some one above mentioned people speaking to their kids in native tongue, thats the time to do it, they now teach different languages on cbbies inc makaton, my grandson don't have special needs but already knows how signs for a lot of things like sandpit and parachute, so if he does meet a kid who uses makaton communication should be better between them also how to say hello in different languages, ( even if it is just monkey hear monkey say) its in his head now ready to be expanded on, he is only 2 and a half.

Actually, am I right in saying language is 'aquired' and not actually 'learnt'.

I know there are several theories but can't remember the outcome

Dave, I understand you may not be from a full 'english' background and hence the different view, but to a country that was predominately white, it is sometimes hard to not hear English being spoken by so called 'english' people.

thats not why i have a different view, i have a different view as ive lived in multicultural areas for many years, where many of you are only just starting to meet other nationalities.
each set of immigrants have offspring that all grow up to dislike the next lot of immigrants, Thats how its been probably even before them fecking vikings came over here taking all our jobs

what language do you speak when in other countries?

I would be 'on holiday', not living here as most of these people are.

The shop scenario is slightly different because they've served you, why does it matter if they speak another language afterwards. But if they can speak english, which they should be able to, it is only respectful.

I mean when you're talking to them and then they discuss it in front of you in another language.

Dom

I went to a multi racial school, had friends that were black and friends that were white. I then worked alongside many 'coloured' people who I considered workmates and we watched 'love thy neighbours', none of this made me racist.
People seem to forget many coloured people fought alongside us in war and helped us rebuild afterwards.

Its an odd thing to say but most of the racism I hear about is between people from similar a area of the world, with the same colour skin but different religious views.

In Ireland Catholics hate Protestants, they're white hating white.

Today racism is no longer about the colour of your skin.

Religion sucks .. :(

So very true (and it's not just in Ireland) :(

what do you speak when down south?
Johnny foreigner comes here asked for a cheese roll everyone knows what he wants. northern dude comes down says he wants a cheese barm, every one is like :confused:
:p

A cheese what?!

Chip butty! / chip cob!
Sausage sarny!
Bacon butty!

(I don't like bacon btw. :p )

Dom

No, Britain is not racist. Britain is inhabited by some racist people - show me somewhere that isn't. The only reason racism gets so much attention in this country is because the fookin daily mail and similar pathetic publications like to talk - no, shout about it in an attempt to stir up hatred in order to sell more copies of their bullsh!t to uneducated and gullible mongs.
Shadey made a good point about religious hatred being the major issue in this country. It does appear to be going that way.
Dom - re the shop scenario, they probably revert back to their own language because it's more efficient for them to communicate with each other, and therefore quicker for you, the customer. I used to get pissed off by this too, but I realised I was being paranoid thinking they might be talking about me. I realised they had no intention to talk about me - they just wanted to serve me, take my money, and get me the fook out so they could serve the next person and take their money too.
Yes there are racist people. Ignore them - don't write 'newspaper' articles about them. Don't give them the forum they desire. They might just get bored and fcuk off.

In Ireland Catholics hate Protestants, they're white hating white.

Despite numerous attempts to educate people, various political figures preaching for peace (DUP and SF sharing power in the North for example) and campaigns to promote children at an early age to mix, that nonsense still goes on. They even went to the extent of removing Unionist and Nationalist muriels in some villages (Camlough springs to mind) but the hate and divide still goes on.

I don't know whose worse as we have a lot of uneducated, bullsh*tting idiots here in the south talking sh*te about people in the North (mostly hardcore SF/Irish rebel attitude w*nkers)

Despite some of advantages of mine (mixed race, Northern routes) I'd be still terrified to travel through some villages in the North with my southern blue van. Here for example is bloody terrifying for me, talking as someone who travels a lot around the North, I would never go in to that village. Ever.

It's happened to me once, I went into a place to sell some catalysts and the second I mentioned the southern address, the atmosphere dropped. You could feel the chill in the air, the glances and dagger stares. The chap threw the money at me and walked off. Not nice, I tore out of there as quick as I could.

Northern Ireland is such a beautiful place with decent honest people, divided by something so stupid :cry:

This is just so wrong.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ts-day-teachers-admit-seen-pupils-abused.html

Children in nursery don't even understand what most of the words they use actually mean so how are they to understand the implications of what they have said.

A stupid rule introduced by fools IMO.

The damage this could do to someone later in life makes this so wrong ..

This is another perfect example of the media collecting pointless data to turn into a story if you read it start to finish it doesn't tell you a thing that you didn't already know, which is kids call each other names, fat, tall, spotty, black white what ever is different from the norm kids single other kids out and pick on them. It's not nice but it's not news either.

Once again the daily mail twist the content of the story to create outrage and disgust at nothing, like you say kids of 3 don't know what they're saying so they certainly can't be deliberately racist.
The results show over 3 years 88,000 incidents from 90 authorities they say if it were repeated over the 200 authorities the numbers would be "substantially higher, well statistically about double? You could average it out to about 200,000 incidents?

What the government do is make accidental slur a deliberate and reportable act of racisim so really that story isn't about racism its about ridiculous bureaucracy imposed by our government and paid for with our taxes, it's pointless and doesn't solve anything, it just perpetuates the problem.
The government realised this and dropped the regulation surrounding these incidents and we all move on, yet the daily mail use it to boost their word count and create controvocy.

Basically stop buying into anything from the pages of the daily mail they do more to incite hatred and racism than the BNP and EDL put together could ever achieve !

Back