Technical After Market Touch Screen Radio

Currently reading:
Technical After Market Touch Screen Radio

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
1703976921452.jpeg

I'm running out of options to help you, only other thing you could do is separate the wires coming from the new radio plug, the box of tricks and small plug with yellow x marks bunch those together and bend away from plug, the speaker wires and the black cable red circle bunch those and away from the plug, now take a picture of the remaining cables from the new radio plug if possible show any labels on the wires a guess will be about 7 wires left either going to a plug or loose?
Or contact seller ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231231_091112_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20231231_091112_Samsung Internet.jpg
    608.6 KB · Views: 22
Hi John this red 12ignition switched +12v does not seem to excist the wiring diagram in the instruction booklet does not seem to be the same as the actual wiring, there are 2 yellow wires that have 12v+on them and instructions to use either but only one I do not know if they are switched or not so I will find my tester and check, I am minded at the moment to return this unit and look elsewere, the Chinease instructions are not too cleaver either, I will persever for a while and thank you very much for your help.
Regards John

Hi John this red 12ignition switched +12v does not seem to excist the wiring diagram in the instruction booklet does not seem to be the same as the actual wiring, there are 2 yellow wires that have 12v+on them and instructions to use either but only one I do not know if they are switched or not so I will find my tester and check, I am minded at the moment to return this unit and look elsewere, the Chinease instructions are not too cleaver either, I will persever for a while and thank you very much for your help.
Regards John
There's a good Pioneer unit that's about £300, no issues understanding the instructions, there are also bigger better spec versions, have a look round the site they're really good I've used them several times over the years, AND they're( Pioneer ) likely to support updates in the future?

There's a good Pioneer unit that's about £300, no issues understanding the instructions, there are also bigger better spec versions, have a look round the site they're really good I've used them several times over the years, AND they're( Pioneer ) likely to support updates in the future?
Thanks John

Maybe some progress, found this diagram and it showspin 7 is +12volt perm. battery port 1 in the unit pin 4 is +12v acc and that is not connected,. I now need to decide do I connect these two yellow wires together or just try swopping perm 1 and 2 over.

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 16
Maybe some progress, found this diagram and it showspin 7 is +12volt perm. battery port 1 in the unit pin 4 is +12v acc and that is not connected,. I now need to decide do I connect these two yellow wires together or just try swopping perm 1 and 2 over.
If there's a yellow wire to both pins 4 and 7, then 7 goes to the battery( run cable with fuse in line) pin 4 goes to the original car plug
There are three yellow wires invoved the one marked Batt ` is connected to pin 7 supplying the radio with a permenant 12volt supply the other yellow wire which is connected to pin 4 the switched 12volt supply is just hanging loose as there is no where to connect it. The yelow wire on pin 7 can be removed and the yellow wire can be used in it's place, all the wires where not intended to be connected together as shown on the original flyer I posted, but no matter which combination of wires I use the radio when switchd off looses it's settings. The only combination I have not used is connecting all these wires together but I cannot see that working, the wire on pin 7 should have a permenant battery on it should it not?

Not thinking of the plug that connects to the car loom plug
The wire marked batt, does that come directly from the plug in the back of the new radio?, this must be connected to the battery by running a wire through the bulkhead, not to any of the original car loom.
The switched wire, directly from the new radio plug connects to the original car loom switched supply.
If all else fails contact a auto electrician

Thanks again John I have one last thing to try and if not sucessful the radio is going back, it was a cheap one £130 from Amazon the wiring diagram does not conform to the actual colours 0f the wires on the radio so if this last effort is unsucessful it is being returned thanks for your continuimg help.

I have returned this item now, does anyone know if all of these aftermarket units require an extra fused supply direct from the battery?

On the vast majority of car looms yes there's a constant feed( old IEC connector format ), Fiat in there wisdom didn't supply one, either the canbus connection provides power for the memory for the original radio or its a re writable memory in the radio?

On the vast majority of car looms yes there's a constant feed( old IEC connector format ), Fiat in there wisdom didn't supply one, either the canbus connection provides power for the memory for the original radio or its a re writable memory in the radio?
Thanks for this info I did think there was a permenant supply I still live in the dark ages, the radio has been returned now and I will look for a better spec and will run a dedicated positive fused supply from the battery, it looks like that was my problem, I thouht there already was a permenant 12v supply, I have a new test meter now so it will help.

Thanks for this info I did think there was a permenant supply I still live in the dark ages, the radio has been returned now and I will look for a better spec and will run a dedicated positive fused supply from the battery, it looks like that was my problem, I thouht there already was a permenant 12v supply, I have a new test meter now so it will help.
If your car, doesn't have AC, then you can easily poke the wire through the blank where the pipe would run, if you have AC then look for a similar blank or grommet that you can also use?

If your car, doesn't have AC, then you can easily poke the wire through the blank where the pipe would run, if you have AC then look for a similar blank or grommet that you can also use?
It is a Twin air Plus it has climate control, it is not the white Gucci, I bought that for my Grandchild , I have not decided which radio to buy yet so I will spend a little time putting this wire in. I thought that the diagram showing Pin7 as perm 12vBatt that it was 12v perm and pin4 was switched, in other words pin7 had perm 12v on it. It's always more involved.

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back