Technical After Market Touch Screen Radio

Currently reading:
Technical After Market Touch Screen Radio

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Can anyone help with this one, I have fitted an aftermarket radio it powers up and I am having some problems getting all the functions working but can anyone help with this one. When I turn off the ignition the radio powers down completely, when switched back on all settings have been lost

When I turn off the ignition the radio powers down completely, when switched back on all settings have been lost
That's because you've connected everything to a switched feed which loses power once the ignition is turned off.

Read the instructions that came with the aftermarket unit.

You'll almost certainly need a 12V connection that's live with the ignition off, and you may also need a switched feed as well.

Have a look in this section; chances are someone has done something similar before.

Yes I understand this the instructions show ayellow wireshow two yellow wires battery port1 and battery port 2 and a single yellow wire coming from the wireing loom and instructions to connect to one or the other, I have trid both and nothing change, it looks like I may have to find the permenant live and connect to the radio and switch it off and on manually'

Attachments

• IMG_1284.JPG
    IMG_1284.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 27
Can anyone help with this one, I have fitted an aftermarket radio it powers up and I am having some problems getting all the functions working but can anyone help with this one. When I turn off the ignition the radio powers down completely, when switched back on all settings have been lost
swap the yellow and red around on the ISO block

Yellow wire needs to be connected to the battery by a fuse 5a or less( fuse position less than 30cm from battery)
Red wire is the switched feed on the original car socket/plug.
Orange wire illumination, you can pick up a feed from the power/cigarette lighter socket even if yours is not illuminated(wire is there un used)
If that helps, not sure if any fuses in the car passenger side are live all the time

Thanks John the radio powers up ok it just loses all it's settings when switced off, I suspected the problem is wih the red wire ie permenant live just need to find where the permenant live connection is.
Regards John

Thanks John the radio powers up ok it just loses all it's settings when switced off, I suspected the problem is wih the red wire ie permenant live just need to find where the permenant live connection is.
Regards John
No it's the yellow that's live all the time the red is the switched according to the diagram? Even shows it going straight to the battery

Hy John on the supplied terminal block there are two thick yelloe wires that plug into the cars terminal block marked Battery Port 1 and Battery Port2 you can connect either of these to another thick Yellow wire on the radio itself, I have tried connecting to both these with the same result no memory retension.

Ther is only one red wire it is very thin it goes to another item that was supplied with the kit I thik it is to do with the radio not to need ecu recognition. There are no red wires connected to the plug supplied with the radio that fits into the socket on the car

Hi,
Red wire, from plug on (new)radio ( acc ignition switched ), this is the wire to connect to the switched live on the original car plug, regardless of what the instructions seem to say
Yellow wire, B+ constant power supply, from radio plug not from the socket end) goes to your new wire from the battery via a new fuse 10a not 5 as i previously said as this is the main amp power feed, of its own.

It's very simple as long as you follow the wiring diagram not the instructions-I know this sounds wrong

I've lost my picture of the wiring for the original radio plug, found it on my Google cloud

Last edited:
Can you turn the plug over in you pic and take another as the one that's obscured is the power socket
If youre good at car hifi this pic will help( I've got 350w rms in my old Mazda multiple amps and really good speakers)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231230_200322_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20231230_200322_Photos.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 17
hI John thanks again for your help the problem for me is although the diagram shows this red wire there is no red wire on the new plug.
This is one of the yelloe wires that I mentioned before.

Attachments

• IMG_1300.JPG
    IMG_1300.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back