General Fiat 500 Radio button cap

Currently reading:
General Fiat 500 Radio button cap

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

Lorna Catt

I have a Fiat 500 Sport and the radio button on/off cap has popped off and I cannot find it - need to find a replacement

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Just buy a non-working secondhand radio from any of the usual places, and swap the buttons over.

Or maybe someone with a non-functioning radio will sell or donate you just the button, which would keep postage costs down. Goodness knows, we've seen enough posts here from folks whose OEM radios have stopped functioning!

I'd be surprised if you can source a new one as a separate part.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Just buy a non-working secondhand radio from any of the usual places, and swap the buttons over.

Or maybe someone with a non-functioning radio will sell or donate you just the button, which would keep postage costs down. Goodness knows, we've seen enough posts here from folks whose OEM radios have stopped functioning!

I'd be surprised if you can source a new one as a separate part.
you say usual places - can you give me some ideas of where? All the radios I see have larger buttons hers are tiny and just the on/off cap

Attachments

• radio button 2.jpg
    radio button 2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
Thanks for posting the picture; that's most helpful.

It looks like the 7" SATNAV unit (this one); working ones won't be cheap.

Sadly I can't see any of these for sale right now in non-working condition.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Looking at the picture really closely, it looks like the button has, snapped off, rather than simply cone off I suspect a replacement radio will be required?
If you compare it with the one on the other side, I think it's just the top cap of the knob that's come off and got lost. The sides of both buttons look the same to me.

Looks like it may just stick on. It should be possible to stick another one on if you can source one. Just need to find a cheap broken satnav.

There are a number of folks on youtube who advertise a repair service for these units. It might be worth contacting them to see if any of them have a spare cap lying around.

@Lorna Catt, presumably the radio/satnav still works normally?

Last edited:
Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back