General Radio upgrade

Currently reading:
General Radio upgrade

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

Aldo64

I have searched through the posts regarding upgrading the stereo in the wife’s 500. Doesn’t have DAB or steering wheel controls. The issue seems to be the air vents for a double din install. I have seen a stereo from the company Xtrons that deals with the air vent issue. Has anyone used this system and is there any issues with fitting it?

TIA

I think Baglady has upgraded with vent conversion.
I became awear of a recent article on DAB vs DAB+ It appears that the "old" DAB system is being replaced and certain stations will only be available on the newer system dab+ so if you're buying a new head unit make sure it the new version, also FM should continue until at least 2030

I think Baglady has upgraded with vent conversion.
I became awear of a recent article on DAB vs DAB+ It appears that the "old" DAB system is being replaced and certain stations will only be available on the newer system dab+ so if you're buying a new head unit make sure it the new version, also FM should continue until at least 2030
Thanks for the update. Not bothered about DAB as her car doesn’t have it anyway. Would you happen to know if he had any issues or does it work with no issues?

Thanks for the reply. Wife’s car doesn’t have B&M or steering wheel controls it’s just a basic CD and radio. Would it still need the proxy realignment?

Thanks for the reply. Wife’s car doesn’t have B&M or steering wheel controls it’s just a basic CD and radio. Would it still need the proxy realignment?
@typecastboy has used this sort of head unit your looking at check out his YouTube channel Love500
I went for a pioneer 7 inch touchscreen 2 years ago as I wanted Apple CarPlay
This one your looking at is a doddle compared to myself
Mine was a double din I had to cut the vents then make myself custom tubes so my airflow was correct
As you never had blue & me you don’t have the faf of connections to the steering wheel!
It’s definitely worth the upgrade!
But yeah a proxi will need doing for those of us that run MES on the laptop it takes 2 minutes

Yes take a look at my YouTube, in particular the one linked below as this is pretty much the same as all of them as they are all pretty much rebadged units from the same manufacturer. They vary slightly in their connections at the back but other than that and different versions of Android, they are all the same.

One thing that most people don't do is put the back part of the air vents back. There's a bit of plastic in the top centre of these stereos which says 500 on it. This is on a hinge and if you use the black part of the air vents, this lifts up and you have access to the thumb wheels underneath and the air flow is directed from the tubes straight out of the vents. Most people take the entire vent out.

Thanks for all your replies and help. I have found a single din radio with a screen and a surround that incorporates the vents without cutting.

Its always great if posters on the forums who achieve success in there searches or solve there problems share the results with the rest of the community! (y) so as many people as possible!:whistle: have access to the information! glad you solved your issue!:)

Ah found it here

This is the kit

Attachments

• IMG_5453.jpeg
    IMG_5453.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 54
Saw the link in post #3, thought I'd have a gander. After watching Pauls video decided to get one, then went back and got the DAB+ attachment, then the reversing camera, then the TPMS extra, and finally the OBD2 module.

Well it IS Xmas :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ninja:🥳🍻

I purchased a new radio to upgrade my radio. The connections are the same and there was power to it. However, it says “code error” and won’t let me enter the code. I have the code and didn’t have the chance to try enter it. Any suggestions? Thanks

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back