Technical 500 blue & me ?

Currently reading:
Technical 500 blue & me ?

Baglady1990

One job always leads to another
When I picked up my 61 plate last wed the blue & me worked great with my iPhone6s paired easy played music easy ... all [emoji106] then the other day it started messing me about I realised I’d been listening to the same tracks over and over messed with some settings ..all ok [emoji106] then the track listing disappeared from my tft display.... and various other probs inc reverting bk to playing same songs ... I’ve done the battery off thing I’ve updated the software... so today so good so far I’m listening to music from a usb stick ?[emoji23] I’m waiting to see if it reverts back again to no menu etc ... I have a fantastic pioneer touch screen apple car play with a connects2 steering wheel interface.. I’m a bit uneasy about getting rid of Blue&Me and installing the aftermarket even though it will be better [emoji23] will my steering wheel controls still all work?
I’m a bit partial to Blue&Me probably because it’s all new to me but it seems like a HUGE pain in the arse!!! And from what I have read online it’s the same for a lot of others ..... I have read the compatibility of iPhones is ropey but the only thing it won’t do is read your messages it seems to do the rest unless it’s me? Am I doing something wrong?[emoji849] though I don’t think I am [emoji23]

Have you just updated to iOS13 ? There have also been some patches over the last few days that might have caused your problems.

I’m not sure that iPhone at this time ever did text to speech via the blue and me, but Siri will read out texts for you and play it though the speakers if it’s plugged in and already playing music

Have you just updated to iOS13 ? There have also been some patches over the last few days that might have caused your problems.

I’m not sure that iPhone at this time ever did text to speech via the blue and me, but Siri will read out texts for you and play it though the speakers if it’s plugged in and already playing music

It’s so confusing this blue & me!! I have tried almost everything!! I’ve updated the software twice it works for hours but overnight it reverts back to no menu no album/artist on the speedo screen ... last night I loaded my usb stick with music tried it and all working fine... menus via phone button display reading album/artist but this morning it plays music ok but locked out of menu and no album/artist on display.... I’m also confused about what generation I am I’m pretty sure I’m 2nd being a 61 plate 2011/2012 am I right?

Save frustration and continue with the USB stick (you can get some really small neat ones that don't stick out).

Just my 2 pence worth :)

Save frustration and continue with the USB stick (you can get some really small neat ones that don't stick out).

Just my 2 pence worth :)

I may have to but I’m not done yet it’s niggling me like mad even with usb playback I’ve been locked out the menu again!!!!! Doing my head in

Persist. It took me ages to get a grip on this but I now find I can work it. I would still rather just have a cd player. Once I had finally gotphone and car talking its worked fine since, but I think the phone had a sore throat and the car is a bit deaf.......
Bit old this thread 😂 I upgraded my system in 2020 with a touchscreen… blue & me is 💩 and completely outdated now!

Back