Yellow - FS Project Seicento 2

Currently reading:
Yellow - FS Project Seicento 2

Harper said:
Everyone's a fecking critic :laugh:

You know where Yellow lives and you're welcome anytime to turn up and put it through it's paces

Is this an offer to do handbrake turns, j turns and generally be a complete hooligan in your works car park? :D

Listening to the vid, i think there's one cam shim sounding too thin, sounds a little too ticky, no biggie, i have a collection of them in various sizes if it ever gets too annoying :D

Martyn said:
It is a wwe bitty tappy...no biggie just somethin for post mot. Someone on ff commented and suggested some hi octane fuel and a good thrash.

Sounds a plan

Wont fix that "problem" at all, but never against giving a car a good thrash for the hell of it :D

Sadly due to traffic Yellow didn't get a decent thrash down the A96 on the way to the test centre. Not really surprising though as it's less than half a mile and always busy at that time of day.

What's the bets then? Pass or fail?

£19 groupon voucher though...

More details

they have martyn's mobile number and my work number as contacts. Martyn booked it in but I dropped Yellow off today as he wasn't able to. With that in mind the next questions are 1) who do they call if Martyn can't physically make it to the test and 2) is it still a pass or fail...

They have both numbers so who do they call first? The person who booked it in (male) or the person who dropped it off (female)

And does it relate to whether or not it passes or fails....

ETA: missed cross-posting

ETA 2: general curiosity rather than an agenda

Not tested yet but Ive spied a parts list/job sheet next to a groupon voucher. Brake pipes....i think a caliper....lower arms and clutch kit all mentioned . Mechanic also pointed out that brakes were binding (when I went out to turn off yellows sidelights and save him from a flat battery)

I have no doubts that parts list is for us and now expect the worst. Was always the chance with a cut price mot but will have to wait and see I guess!

It's a fail folks :(

Here's the list

001 Brakes imbalanced across an axle

002 Horn sounds harsh or grating

003 Nearside rear seat belt retracting mechanism defective

004 Offside rear seat belt retracting mechanism defective

005 Offside front seat belt retracting mechanism defective

006 Nearside steering rack gaiter insecure

007 Nearside windscreen wiper does not clear the windscreen effectively

008 Exhaust emissions carbon monoxide content after 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] fast idle excessive

Emissions were 10.32 % vol when the acceptable limit is 0.3 :(

hmm high emissions maybe a leak in exhaust somewhere ?? maybe lambda aswell

also emission related is MAP, TPS and air filter possibly

seatbelts easy enough from a scrappy and only 1 bolt holding them in

horn same as above grab a scrappy couple in the back pocket method ;)

steering rack gaiter with a zippy cord :D

brakes maybe strip calipers and relube the pistons and sliding pins

amazing how they found those things as they werent on my MOT when it was done lol

There's nothing that bad there bar the emissions

the system that would effect that is new, not sure how it's possible to get it that high....

I'm guessing lemgth of time sat is partly it, but still, somethings well out :( has to be a sensor either dead or unplugged surely?

Back