worst crash?

Currently reading:
worst crash?

Ressurection.

Had a crash in my mates car. hit a car near enough head on at about 40 MPH took an airbag to the face, nuts and legs which f*cking hurt. Bit of whiplash but in all wasn't too bad.

wrote both cars off but still managed to get a pic after. We spent about an hour pissing about. Everyone was ok and my mate wasnt fond of his car so we resorted to mucking around.

bad pic but you can see the damage. p.s that is me lol

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 81
lost control, (possibly hit oil) of a beautiful 2ltr cossie engined kitcar (caterham stylee one)

On acceleration,spun and hit crashbarrier head on, which catpulted the car into the central reservation and in turn left me in the middle of a duel carrigeway facing the wrong way
Car was right off, mate was in shock and i was ok except for bruising:eek:. cockpit was intact and did a fabulous job, rest of the car was smashed to smithereens:( and understandably wrote off:cry: Gorgeous it was, such a waste:eek:

Edit* my then husband was behind me in the seicento turbo, seeing out of interest if it could keep up, luckly it couldnt otherwise it it would have been involved too!

Last edited:
lost control, (possibly hit oil) of a beautiful 2ltr cossie engined kitcar (caterham stylee one)

On acceleration,spun and hit crashbarrier head on, which catpulted the car into the central reservation and in turn left me in the middle of a duel carrigeway facing the wrong way
Car was right off, mate was in shock and i was ok except for bruising:eek:. cockpit was intact and did a fabulous job, rest of the car was smashed to smithereens:( and understandably wrote off:cry: Gorgeous it was, such a waste:eek:

Edit* my then husband was behind me in the seicento turbo, seeing out of interest if it could keep up, luckly it couldnt otherwise it it would have been involved too!

:eek: You broke a Cosworth engine?!?!? :cry: that would have been expensive to say the least...

Ive posted these before but;

Drivers_side_impact.JPG

Impact_front_view.JPG

On my way to work at 6am in Jan this year, car needed de-icing but roads were all clear.

About a mile from home the road starts to go through a much more rural area, as i got to the point where the houses stop car completely lost grip and started to spin as i came out of a gentle corner.

I remember trying to correct it, then next thing i can remember is being strapped to a spinal board in the back of an ambulance an hour later.

Turns out council gritter had got to that point and decided not to bother or run out of grit etc. No signs put out though.

I was knocked out when my head went through the drivers window, car continued to skid down the road and hit a lampost side on.

I was doing about 55mph when the skid started, and was on the passenger side of the car when a traffic car found me on the way to another RTC further down the same road.

Ended up with my pelvis broken in 3 places, a broken elbow and several peices of glass in the back of my head.

Needed a 5 hour operation to rebuild my pelvis, with a 9 inch metal rod and 9 screws.

Made a full recovery, despite 16 days in hospital, 2 months off work then another 3 on restricted duties.

Was very lucky i recovered so quickly

Car in any accident I've been in has been repairable and was returned to or is still on the road (one unrepaired but anyway...)

Worst was as a passenger in a run-out model Uno when a bus came in to our lane, mother drove the car on to the path but the entire side was destroyed. As it was very new, and the 'first year replacement' concept didn't exist in 1994, it got repaired.

Worst as a driver was a biker trying to overtake me on a roundabout, his bike was written off and my door / front wing were caved entirely. Total damage bill came to over 20,000 euro!

Last edited:
I once had a bad crash. Blue screen and everything.

:ROFLMAO:

Here is the one my dad and sister were involved in on 23rd March this year.

Ofset Head on with a 2005 Vauxhall Tigra. Panda was doing exactly 30MPH at time of impact as brakes were not applied, and Tigra about the same speed.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

All in here

Got the old girl back though and stripped her for parts! She looked like this when she finally left our mitts to go to the scrappy in the sky lol

Jon.

about 3 years ago traveling down from the highlands of scotland on about a 6hour journey, the junction before we got off practicaly 5mins away form ma house my then boy friend( now an ex ex haha, for his **** driving amongst other things) thought it would be clever to race up the side of a lorrey already on the motor way, we on a slip road with 2 lanes and a traffic island so our lane make its one lane once on the carriage way!! needless to say the lorrey didnt see us, as we wer in a 05 hyundia coupe, moved into our lane and smashed right into the back of us! we swerved and supn out over all the lanes of traffice( at rush our i may add) we ended up in the fast lane facing the wrong way!
the tw@t( bf) some how managed to get us back on to the hazzard lane and all 3 of us got out of the car unmarked just a little shaken!

standard and perfect:
DSC00439.jpg

Hit a deer (which died)
DSC00463.jpg

abarthed it up then spun off on some ice
DSCN0789Large.jpg

And thats as serious as i want it to get. In fact, i dont want any more crashes thankyou!
I might be being a bit thick here, but if Pic 1 shows the undamaged and unmolested car, then Pic 2 shows the front of a Punto 3 door with the blue and black bumper damaged. Finally, Pic 3 shows an all blue modified bumper that's also damaged.

That car seems to have 2 damaged front bumpers. Explanation please?

Worst crash ive caused,,, shunted my dads megane at like 10mph.. wrote off Sharon :( my old 1.2 clio :cry:

sharon.jpg

worst crash ive been in... mates mk3 polo GT, on our way to a VW show... hit some ice and started fish tailing, manged to bring it back but lost it again. hit a road sign, bus stop, and then a concrete lamp post all on my side of the car...
still drove it and put it on the club stand :)

2358880918_f352fc08bd.jpg

elsecar092.jpg

can kinda see the car has bent in the middle... lol

I might be being a bit thick here, but if Pic 1 shows the undamaged and unmolested car, then Pic 2 shows the front of a Punto 3 door with the blue and black bumper damaged. Finally, Pic 3 shows an all blue modified bumper that's also damaged.

That car seems to have 2 damaged front bumpers. Explanation please?

standard and perfect:

Bumper 1 = blue and black bumper:

Hit a deer (which died)

Bumper 1 = damaged blue and black bumper:

abarthed it up then spun off on some ice

Bumper 2 = all blue modified (Abarth?) bumper:

Simple ;)

January 5th 2006, a life changing moment not just for me, but for a mother and her family. I'd lost control mid corner and tried to correct the slide, over corrected, mounted the pavement then collided with a pedestrian and hit a tree sideways. I'd had few cuts and bruises to my head and knee plus a few fractured ribs. Unfortunately, the lady died later in hospital. Its something i'm not proud of but i had to learn the hard way and it totally changed the way i look at life.

My car before:

front3-1.jpg

Image036.jpg

Image035.jpg

Image0231.jpg

Image037.jpg

The after pics:

29-06-06_1316.jpg

29-06-06_1317.jpg

29-06-06_1340.jpg

29-06-06_1343.jpg

The damage to the car isn't as bad as some of the previous crashes, but the damage it did to me mentally and to the family of the lady, it will stay with forever.

Back