Technical Wing mirror help

Currently reading:
Technical Wing mirror help

LarryF

Hello,

I’ve just bought a panda (2009).

I was just wondering if you can change the mirrors to the newer ones. I’ve heard they’re bigger.

I do struggle with them and the glare.

Just wondered if it’s possible? Cheap? And worth it.

Also love the forum - can tell it’s gonna be really useful.

Thanks guy

I find it strange how often this comes up

I drive several different cars. When I jump into the Panda I don't think how much small the door mirrors are ?

the only time I notice a difference is swapping from a higher end car where the outer edge of the mirror has a convex curve that gives a more panoramic view.

I haven't driven the newer Panda do they have a convex mirror ?

I've never found the door mirrors too small and to my mind the later larger ones look - erm - they just don't look right. If you need a larger field of view, get an add-on mirror. Something like this maybe.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-Pack-F...953654?hash=item3faa691776:g:FUcAAOSw4bFfQGiA

If dazzle is the problem the only solution is electric mirrors. The 500 door wiring loom allows the switch to be fitted to the door panel, but you will need to take a brave pill before cutting the necessary hole. The advantage is you get power and all the complicated connections on the new loom. All you have to do is run wires under the dash to the passenger side mirror. The Panda has the mirrors switch on the floor with the ciggy lighter. It's hopeless to access when you need it. Really not worth the effort to fit.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back