Why you should ALWAYS wear a seatbelt!

Currently reading:
Why you should ALWAYS wear a seatbelt!

well its not horrendus, I would reckon the bad guy was either dead or well unconsious by the time he even left the vehicle (look how stiff his legs are).

And I have seen something much worse, few years ago a woman in a toyota (or whatever) grand amazon (biggest of the big) had a blow out at 70 odd mph, slammed into the central reservation, she was wearing a seat belt, but she was quite small, rolled the car two or three times, and just on the first rotation she slipped thru the top of the seat belt and flew out of the closed sunroof (had cover over it too), then the 2.5tonnes + of grandamazon (which had two kids in the back and engagie in passenger seat) and then got rolled over by the vehicle a 2nd time, then hit by the preceeding car. We watched this in one of the vids in vehicle engineering, needless to say it was pretty horrifying, and a few people left the room, I was very shocked and didn't really think about anything else for about a week following. Pretty nasty!!!

So remember even if you are wearing a belt, make sure you fit in your vehicle properly!!! It was not as if she was as midget, autopsy peeps 'estimated' (you don't want to know any more) that she was previously 5'4"

Following quite a few lectures and vids I have decided to find a decent bucket seat and at least a three point harness maybe a 5 point, as the amount of deacceleration you can survive in a well fitting bucket and 5pointer is about ~6-14 times the ferrosity you could normally survive in a std 3poin lap type car belt

not viewed it or proofread the thread but from the thread title, unless you have a medical condition, and you are an arse arse on the road, not wear a seatbelt, get in a crash and die, then no sympathy

A few months ago saw a large set of alloys and a load of mangled champange coloured metal above the wheelarch line on the back of a recovery truck on the A38 heading towards Brum... BMW alloy center caps and size of debris pile lead us to believe it were an X5 that somebody rolled. Scary... nowt left of roof and upper doors etc :eek:

wotnowarninglight said:
A few months ago saw a large set of alloys and a load of mangled champange coloured metal above the wheelarch line on the back of a recovery truck on the A38 heading towards Brum... BMW alloy center caps and size of debris pile lead us to believe it were an X5 that somebody rolled. Scary... nowt left of roof and upper doors etc

Thats because they are made for the school run not off roading ;)

bozzy said:
Perhaps its just me but the person being flung out appears a bit "wooden". Dead straight limbs almosts makes it look like a dummy?
Probably the correct look for someone who was rendered unconsious then thrown into the air still being unconsious, then hitting the ground reinforcing the fact that they really were unconsious then being runover and being made dead.

If you must run from the Police do it on Foot or in a car more suited to the task.

Back