General what's yours...? and why?

Currently reading:
General what's yours...? and why?

Tony M

eh?
Ok there have been a few times when i have found myself what the difference between models, and more specifically the difference for example between a 1000s and a Pink edition... both same engine size and same year... but what makes them different.

So people, come together and share the anorakness that is panda-ownership.
coz i need to know...

thanks for listening

1992 Fiat Panda Mania 750

5 speed
Rear wash/wipe
and the driver's door pocket (steady on Fiat, you are really spoiling me now!)

er, I cannot think of any other extras at all - not even a clock!

(no canoes though pandafan)

Last edited:
1994 Fiat Panda 1000 Fire Colour.

Comes with twin sunroof, 5 speed gearbox, four spoke steering wheel, upliftingly colourful switchgear and dials, internally adjustable wing mirrors.

Comes without: Carpets, clock (mine was bought off pandafan), passenger door pocket (mine courtesy of Jim)

...Will continue as I remember more.

Sisely 4x4 'cos I have a canoe fetish;)

Seriously ... so MANY canoes on the 'Freak' ... Dashboard, seatbacks, side bumpers, mudflaps, horn button ... what were Benetton thinking of ?

AND...after decorating the whole car with canoes; what do they stick on the roof ?
A SKI RACK !....wow​

Rant over :) I love this car... it's just epitomises fabulous on a shoe string !

Nurse !:spin:​

ok, interesting so far... the Sisley is too well documented to warrant it's insertion in this thread I'm afraid... interesting to see the 1000's get adjustable mirrors though... I don't think missing items like clock and drivers side door pocket are as it came though... but who knows.

Ok, as i have now decided I am actually quite taken with the rust box and am gonna get it back on the road regardless...unless the car i am looking at comes in cheap. here's my bit

1992 Selecta. Metalic Blue (odd) with CLX stickers (!?)
1108cc
interior colour reddish brown
non-hammock
cat exhaust
hard top
adjustable mirrors (now)

Last edited:

Attachments

• nurse_sexy.gif
    nurse_sexy.gif
    66.1 KB · Views: 18
Hello Tony.
Pleased to hear that you now intend to get the Selecta back onto the road.

In answer to your original post, The Pink Ltd Edition was a 1000 Fire, these followed the 1000S for a very short period until the introduction of SPI and Cat. 1000S cars had the Mk2 grille, 1000Fire's the Mk3 grill.

You will note from the pictures of the Pink, that they were built to the CL spec, with half door cards, small spats on the leading edges of the rear wheel arches, internal trim differences and yes, only one door pocket. The 1000S models ( except for the very early models ) had the full length side protection trims, full size door cards, two door pockets, the clock as standard, the moquet rear parcel shelf etc, etc.

Rgds, petel, ( anorak, cagoole, wooly hat. note book and thermos )

Sad or what ??

petel said:
Hello Tony.
Pleased to hear that you now intend to get the Selecta back onto the road.
I sense that the repair will cost more than a new(old) panda... but we like the little thing. it's got style...

petel said:
In answer to your original post, The Pink Ltd Edition was a 1000 Fire, these followed the 1000S for a very short period until the introduction of SPI and Cat. 1000S cars had the Mk2 grille, 1000Fire's the Mk3 grill.

So both the pink and the 1000s were non cat models... interesting

petel said:
You will note from the pictures of the Pink, that they were built to the CL spec, with half door cards, small spats on the leading edges of the rear wheel arches, internal trim differences and yes, only one door pocket. The 1000S models ( except for the very early models ) had the full length side protection trims, full size door cards, two door pockets, the clock as standard, the moquet rear parcel shelf etc, etc.
is it a pain to fit side protection to cars without the mounting holes?

we really must get your anorak embroidered with some kind of medal... thanks for the info... how do you know this stuff?

Evening Alan ... I was concentrating on the commercial models that were sold in the UK...

no gun racks are going to make an appearance.:D

Hello Tony.
I know this stuff because I have a 1000S and I hope one day, to own a " Pink " At the moment I do not have the space to keep any more Panda's.

Rgds, petel

Alan.D said:
Tony I don't think people realise just how many different models were made as well as all the special edditions there was also police spec, military spec and hundereds are listed in the EPC.
Wow! Are the military ones Green 4x4s with twin sunroofs for standing up out of and pointing the roof mounted Machine gun? Bet they come wiht Camouflage seats and interior!:D

My selecta originally had (before i started upgrading it)...

externally adjustable mirrors, no speaker pods, no sliding cubby, no bonnet vent, no headlight guards, no full size wheel trims, no high level brake light, and a tray where the radio goes, 4 spoke steering wheel, clock, rear wash wipe, half door cards, carpets, and 155/65/R13 tyres.

Last edited:
Anyway, My Panda:

1990White 4x4.
Comes with adjustable mirrors, clock!!! THEY ALL CAME WITH A CLOCK! Clean Seats, shiney interior plastics, unworn seats, dry and moistureless boot floor insulation like new, (yes, I couldn't believe that one either!) and 19000 miles on the clock!

Comes without:
Rust:slayer:

Back