What's the point

Currently reading:
What's the point

Human nature at best/worst, ‘‘tis what it is, but I’d agree with that as a whole this forum is usually quite welcoming and easy going, there is the odd post that is questionable, but no big deal. I’m not all that bothered either. :)

The single post does irritate a little at times. I suppose we have a need to know whether our help was correct, or whether further diagnosis is needed. Feedback helps us to give better advice next time, but it seems so many just take the advice and disappear. I wonder sometimes if they sell or scrap the car, or manage to fix it. Then what happens next time they have an issue? From my experience, there's no better forum for any make.

Forums live and die by knowledgeable active members.

On a Mazda one it's not been really active since 2009..

Lots of good stuff in the archives but most of the really knowledgeable people buggered off ages ago so unless it's something that has occurred previously you're a bit stuffed.

Anything new etc. because the cars are generally reliable it's highly likely the dwindling membership haven't seen it so thread goes unanswered and person posting doesn't return to post a resolution.

Even if you post to say sorry mate no idea but please post the answer if you find it so it'll be here if someone else has the same problem it never happens.

The Admin on that one though was very strict on keeping stuff on topic so any kind of "craic" as it were got killed removing a reason you'd come back.

Last edited:
Aye, this forum compared to others is up there regarding friendliness. I’ve said before how I joined a certain forum in the pursuit of technical information regarding the wee work horse van I had. The forum was run by teenagers, the language was shocking, they communicated in code, it was an eye opener to say the least.Spelling was non existent, vocabulary was like the work of toddlers. My sense of humour went down like a lead balloon.

I couldn’t resist in the end and put up a facetious comment about a lad who claimed x amount of horse power after adding a magic box to his vehicle. :D Well, I was to be hunted down and killed :D Weekends were interesting as you can imagine. It became a game and a source of entertainment I have to admit. All a bit sad really, I was drawn in:eek: it had to stop though. I was never rude, I used large words and phrases that were alien to most on that forum. I was mocked for my precise use of the English language. Happy days indeed.

The single post does irritate a little at times. I suppose we have a need to know whether our help was correct, or whether further diagnosis is needed. Feedback helps us to give better advice next time, but it seems so many just take the advice and disappear. I wonder sometimes if they sell or scrap the car, or manage to fix it. Then what happens next time they have an issue? From my experience, there's no better forum for any make.

I am one of those that tend to disappear after I fix my problems... but I do try to report back.

Except maybe last time but because in the end I decided to switch from the Panda to the 500

Anyway this forum is great and it's very lively compared to other forums!
I like the mods, they are not attention seekers / obssessed
(y)

Last edited:
Any translation for those of us that speak English?

Birmingham based company that supplies speed limiters and cruise control etc. They can recommend fitting places but do this themselves for a fee as well. They are not cheap but seem top quality.

I'm not a social media person, don't even have a smart phone, but I do browse around a few forums related to the cars in the family. Our forum is without doubt the most active by far and stuffed full with people who know what they are talking about and freely give help and information that can be relied upon. I've learned a great deal about our wee Fiat's that I didn't know even after many years of "fiddling about" with them. Thank you everyone for all the help and for being a "nice" group of people!

I do like to see a thread "tidied up" with a concluding statement from the originating poster as it all adds to our cumulative knowledge base but I can't say it greatly upsets me if we are just left "hingin".

Back