General WHAT DOES THIS DO?

Currently reading:
General WHAT DOES THIS DO?

Sparkly

Fiat 500 hybrid 2023.
What does this stalk do? How does it work.

The handbook is pretty useless!
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_5229.jpeg
    IMG_5229.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 48
That has both cruise control, and speed limiter.
The inner ring will select which. The symbol with the arrow is the cruise, the other is the limiter.

Do you know how such things work?
^ this

Older ones just turned the cruise control on and off via the inner ring but with euro NCAP looking at electronics stuff that’s fitted having a speed limiter is part of that

The limiter isn't really cruise control, just stops you going above the set speed.

Button is cancel/resume.
Up down arrow is faster/slower.
If first time since starting, up is also normally set for the speed.

That has both cruise control, and speed limiter.
The inner ring will select which. The symbol with the arrow is the cruise, the other is the limiter.

Do you know how such things work?
Black magic. Or the cruise unit has a little programme in its black box, that links with the ECU via clutch and brake pedal switches the speed sensors and other sensors like the electronic accelerator pedal which it reads and talks to. The signals from these things go to teh ECU via the cruise units black box which modifies the acceleration to meet speed requirements. As I said black magic! (Unless the cruise box is not a black box)

Last edited:
Two sadly unhelpful posts.
The limiter isn't really cruise control, just stops you going above the set speed.
No, the limiter is a limiter, and cruise control is cruise control.
Black magic. Or the cruise unit has a little programme in its black box, that links with the ECU via clutch and brake pedal switches the speed sensors and other sensors like the electronic accelerator pedal which it reads and talks to. The signals from these things go to teh ECU via the cruise units black box which modifies the acceleration to meet speed requirements. As I said black magic! (Unless the cruise box is not a black box)

Perhaps I should have worded it differently.

What I mean is, Does the OP understand how to operate these two functions?
If not, I will describe their operation and uses. But if she does understand, I do not need to spend the time typing several paragraphs.

You should see the vito cruise control one, that's a mystery stalk. No proper markings, reminds of the ship in hitchhikers guide, push it to see what comes up on the dash.

You should see the vito cruise control one, that's a mystery stalk. No proper markings, reminds of the ship in hitchhikers guide, push it to see what comes up on the dash.
Fiat all over. Now how can we upset all our customers a lot more now?

@Sparkly are you sure you have the correct manual for your car?
I just had a quick look online and there's a complete description of the functions on that stalk, pages 96-98:
Hope this helps. If it's still not clear, let us know if you have any questions :)

Button is cancel/resume.
Up down arrow is faster/slower.
If first time since starting, up is also normally set for the speed.
The inner rotating selector switch actually selects

Limiter
or
Cruise

(Unhelpfully... you cannot see this while driving.. It's the same as my 2018 model conventional 500)

Its predecessor for me was a Skoda, and the Cruise Stalk and Dash Icon

Were actually for a Limiter!

They had helpfully ditched Cruise for a Limiter.. In the interests of "Safety"

Fiat 500 hybrid 2023.
What does this stalk do? How does it work.

The handbook is pretty useless!
Thanks in advance.

It's a speed controller
(road speed/mph)

It's a rigid stalk doesn't move up or down like the indicator

Get to 30 or 40 mph
Twist the outer ring and speed will slowly increase or decrease

Press clutch or brake it will go back to your control 🙂

Back