Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Rib eye

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Fillet

Votes: 7 28.0%

• Total voters

Garree001

Ohhh my, yes.
As I like random threads, I thought I'd start my latest one! What, in your opinion, is the best cut of steak?

I know that fillet is meant to be the best, but I want to know what your preference is. I generally prefer a rump steak myself - more juicy and slightly more flavour. If anyone else wants to say why too, then please do :D

I have only included the main cuts in the poll, as they are the ones that can generally be found in the supermarket. If there is a less common one like T-bone, strip, or chuck then please do tell us...

Last edited:
Did ya know that it can give you cyst's on the brain by eating rare steak.

I watched a documentry on it, the cysts are harmless and wont hurt you, as such. But they do slow your reactions down and therfore put you at more risk of traffic accident.

They used the French as an example, I can't remember the exact data, but it was amazing how much higher the crash rate was and how many more people suffered impared reactions. When scanned these people had these cysts caused by the raw/rare meat. As a nation they eat far more rare meat than others.

Did ya know that it can give you cyst's on the brain by eating rare steak.

I watched a documentry on it, the cysts are harmless and wont hurt you, as such. But they do slow your reactions down and therfore put you at more risk of traffic accident.

They used the French as an example, I can't remember the exact data, but it was amazing how much higher the crash rate was and how many more people suffered impared reactions. When scanned these people had these cysts caused by the raw/rare meat. As a nation they eat far more rare meat than others.

Im quite happy to take my chances (y) A blue fillet steak for me :D

Umm a nice bit of raw steak. I forget what the french call it but its niiice.

Isnt a Porterhouse better than a rump.

I like sirloin the best if its cooked properly. It has to be a big fat slab, none of this thin and crispy carp oh and with loads of seasoning.

Ribeye, Blue/Rare. Its the best cut for flavour. I have started buying Kangaroo recently though! :) Got a lovely flavour although does need to be eaten rare as anything else will make it tough due to the low fat content.

lmao jai u missed a skinny lad going for the $72 challenge from the webcam link...he left the table with 10mins to spare and hands over mouth..i assume he was finished.....then got some chubsy waiter cleaning up...was most entertaining!

whenever you're cooking meat you should always leave the fat on - it adds flavour.
If you buy a joint from places like Tesco, someones' already trimmed the fat but then they wrap a lump of pretend fat around it before netting it.

Always best to go to the butcher's where you can pick up a quality meat for about the same price (OK, it may cost a pound or two more but it won't shrivel up in the oven.

Back