Trojan detector software

Currently reading:
Trojan detector software

I'm using AVG 8.0 at the moment but I've been told it's not very good at detecting trojans.
Is this true and can anyone recommend any free trojan detection/removal software?
My pc is running fine (vista), no problems, I'm just worried that I'm using poor anti-virus (etc) software, trouble is, I don't like paying for it, which is why I'm using Zone alarm and AVG, and maybe you only get the best if you pay.

:yeahthat:

CCleaner is an awsome little program, such a good idea..........just cleans all the junk up that you collect around the net, cookies and stuff.

I love it when a family member has a computer problem and i 1st install it. On the first run there is nearly about 500mb of junk and they think its clean :D

AVG is old skool now try Nod32 its been a gold winner for 36 years and also has a good write up in custom pc magazine, im using it now and its never failed me once

PS keep the program updated with the latest stuff(y)

O and another program to stop hackers getting in your computer is Black Ice best on the market

AVG is old skool now try Nod32 its been a gold winner for 36 years
1973? :confused: "lolwut?"

unimatrix said:
O and another program to stop hackers getting in your computer is Black Ice best on the market

Except the fact that is is incredibly confusing for the average user, and doesn't come in a 64bit variant?

Virii and trojans are different entirely, and as such, are different to detect.

Stick with AVG and Zonealarm, and add Spybot ( www.spybot.com ) to help get rid of the trojans and spyware. Those three are a firm favourite of mine.

Also, with regards to the "Windows malicious software removal tool", its not something that you actually "run" per se. It runs in the background all the time, but will only ever "kick in" if it finds something it needs to remove. You can't simply run it to detect things.

1973? :confused: "lolwut?"

Except the fact that is is incredibly confusing for the average user, and doesn't come in a 64bit variant?

Virii and trojans are different entirely, and as such, are different to detect.

Stick with AVG and Zonealarm, and add Spybot ( www.spybot.com ) to help get rid of the trojans and spyware. Those three are a firm favourite of mine.

Also, with regards to the "Windows malicious software removal tool", its not something that you actually "run" per se. It runs in the background all the time, but will only ever "kick in" if it finds something it needs to remove. You can't simply run it to detect things.

But then he wont have any anti hacker software so hes open to the whole world.

PS and firewalls these days are for the Novices

Last edited:
But then he wont have any anti hacker software so hes open to the whole world.

PS and firewalls these days are for the Novices

I did say "stick with Zonealarm and AVG".

and how exactly are firewalls for novices? Novice computer users or novice "hackers"? (and lets face it..... I mean skiddies)

REMOVED ~ Stu
Key this into your AVG. Download all the updates and your sorted.
Key runs out in 2018 and its the best one they do.
Will keep you safe when your downloading a bit of smut, saved me loads :)

Last edited by a moderator:
REMOVED ~ Stu
Key this into your AVG. Download all the updates and your sorted.
Key runs out in 2018 and its the best one they do.
Will keep you safe when your downloading a bit of smut, saved me loads :)

Best remove the key and pm it to the user........... think its against forum rules.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Back