Cheapest 2010 antivirus software

Currently reading:
Cheapest 2010 antivirus software

the message that came up wasn't from your own anti virus program. they are a special scam designed especially for people like you. you should have just ignored it and called for help.

Yeah I found that out the bloomin hard way didnt I..(y)

One thing is the Pc is running smother now without all the clutter I amassed on it..:p still hard going finding all the info I lost over he last 4/5 years on how to keep a stilo ticking over trouble free..:p just like a PC the stilo is an electronic nightmare..

you should have made backups of every thing :nono:

Yep that was another oversight up on my behalf :(..like the old saying bolting the stable after the horse has done a runner..must make sure its done this time tho ..off to google how to do pc backups..:D

Thanks For that Yella fella..so where does this leave people like me ..that link you put up is saying that paid for virus protection is more efficient than the free stuff out there if I'v read it correctly..I have always wanted to buy a virus package but been told you dont need to when there is free stuff available ..if that link is to believed then it kind of made my point more valid..

Hells bells I clicked on a link..I really must refrain from clickin links :p

The problems arise when you click on pop-ups saying "Your PC is infected - CLICK HERE NOW to scan your PC!"

The problems arise when you click on pop-ups saying "Your PC is infected - CLICK HERE NOW to scan your PC!"

:bang: yep I know that now ..:p.. that was the first time and only time tho its dont that ..wiped the PC clean ..never done that any other time when I clicked on those cleaners :eek:..I just panicked when the notice said there is a worm trying to get bank details and passwords..things went down hill from there..:(

PC was very slow this morning ..keep getting update info all the time..done updates and now its running faster ..hang on tho more updates just popped up..:bang: so bye bye for the mo..:wave:

Edit ..I clicked on the update symbol and it say's no updates available..confused .com now..this PC is really taking the wee wee now..

Last edited:
you need to join boys only social group, then some one will give you a list of sites that wont have them pop ups ;)

payed for anti virus pakages aint all better, avast will find stuff that norton wont for example, before buying one best do a new thread asking for best paid for one.

• Thanks
Reactions: PNL
Thanks For that Yella fella..so where does this leave people like me ..that link you put up is saying that paid for virus protection is more efficient than the free stuff out there if I'v read it correctly..I have always wanted to buy a virus package but been told you dont need to when there is free stuff available ..if that link is to believed then it kind of made my point more valid..

Hells bells I clicked on a link..I really must refrain from clickin links :p

in real terms the free ones are fine and in basic protection can beat the paid versions
however the paid versions have extra features that may help you
if like me you only open attachments from safe sources and get your downloads from trusted sources then free is fine
if you dont do the above or are on a shared PC with install anything types then the paid for ones maybe better

• Thanks
Reactions: PNL
Thanks to Custard and Dave..(y) now this boys own group Dave nothing to do with bouncy items and fury items is it..:D think back to when I and the wife joined F/F and you telling her to check my favourites..:D check ya posts should take ya about a month.. :devil: :doh::ROFLMAO: ;)

and absolutely none have the capability of frying motherboards or drives!

I'm sure there's a virus that causes the hard drive to access random sections of the HDD, causing the arm to jump erraticaly around, to the point where it breaks it.

:confused:

Well, the cheapest antivirus are obviously the free ones. Out of the free ones, the best are Comodo Internet Security and Avast if you ask me. The best overall (including paid ones) are one of the following: Kaspersky, Norton and Panda. Each of the three have their weak points and their strengths.

Here's a neat trick for anyone looking for the best protection as cheaply as possible:

1. Download Kaspersky IS2010 from the main site as a trial version.
  2. Now purchase the old IS2009 version from eBay or Amazon (normally you can pick up a 3 user pack for less than £8).
  3. Since Kaspersky don't date stamp their reg keys, you can use the 2009 key (it's on the CD) to register your 2010 version - and it's totally legit (y)

Don't forget you get to protect another 2 machines for this money (countdown timer starts on the 1st PC installed on).

Note: you can use the same trick with the AV version if you prefer

1. Since Kaspersky don't date stamp their reg keys, you can use the 2009 key (it's on the CD) to register your 2010 version - and it's totally legit (y)
Surely you own the licence for a 2009 version, unless Kaspersky give free upgrades for people who have already bought a product? :confused:

I'm on Avast and Spybot for reference of what people use...

I used to install AVG on any PCs I would set up, but switched over after it got too "UPGRADE TO NEW VERSION!" and also let through a few nasties onto my aunt's PC.

Last edited:
AVAST gets my vote. Recently being improved to include a much better GUI and improved functions which were missing before. Does the job perfectly every time.Been a user for the past few years with no problems and can surf the net safely. Biggest bonus is that its FREE!

Surely you own the licence for a 2009 version, unless Kaspersky give free upgrades for people who have already bought a product? :confused:
I would seem they do - as it works absolutely fine with full updates etc. Obviously, you only get 12 moths cover from registration for whatever version you choose to use.

I've not actually tried using a 2010 reg with a 2009 product but I suspect that would work too - although there's little point as 2009 is the slower product

I used to install AVG on any PCs I would set up, but switched over after it got too "UPGRADE TO NEW VERSION!" and also let through a few nasties onto my aunt's PC.
Yes; although full marks to AVG for providing a free version I've proven on at least two occasions that Kaspersky provides a lot stronger protection.

Back