antivirus

Currently reading:
antivirus

Before I got the new laptop which came with McAfee I used F-secure which seemed to work well and was free.

4 replies, 4 different programs suggested.
Welcome to the wonderful world of asking for recommendations for free anti virus software. :D

At the end of the day, no anti virus program is 100% effective. It's just a case of trying each and seeing which you prefer, or installing one and sticking with it.

And by the way, don't have more than one anti virus program running at the same time. Having them both installed is fine, as long as one is disabled while the other is enabled. :)

(Im an AVG man by the way :) )

There are only two programs needed to keep any computer clean forever.
AVG Free 8
CCleaner

Best antivirus online and ccleaner just gets rid of all the junk you collect when browsing the web. Never had a serious virus problems with that set up and my computer gets round like a nympho in essex ;)

All the other default windows security is fine(y)

"There are only two programs needed to keep any computer clean forever" - hooray for wide and blanket staments like these!

Im just wondering how <insert name of anti virus software> goes about detecting the ones that <insert same name of anti virus software> has been proven not to detect...

One program is not good enough.

Im happy with Zonealarm so I can control what is going out of my machine, AVG for virii, Spybot for malware, Firefox with No-Script plugin and plain old common sence.

"All the other default windows security is fine" - No it isn't. The Windows Firewall has numerous flaws, only tracks what is coming in to your machine, and is known to have backdoors in it. Have a browse round some of these links.

:)

To be honest, common sence is your best friend here. Don't open attachments from people you don't know, always have "Show known file extensions" ticked (so you can see that "sexypictureoflady.jpg" is actually "sexypictureoflady.jpg.exe") and don't go browsing the dark places of the web, and keep your Operating System updated and patched.

I wouldnt bother with free anti virus programs its like having a fat security guard, easy to get past :p

I wouldnt bother with free anti virus programs its like having a fat security guard, easy to get past :p
And I wouldn't bother paying for any because these are targeted more as they are main stream, so in effect you are paying to attract hackers..........hackers tend not to dwell on finding flaws in free AV programs as nothing good is ever behind them.

Quite sure Barclays, HSBC, etc..... don't use avg Free 8.0

i would recommend you "quick heal" antivirus...its best and helps you for online emails, offline and all and all its best...you can download free version and once time period gets over you can remove and again install it.(y)

Iv got a full version of avg and i use torrent sites and iv had no probs.

Joker

Back