Which antivirus?

Currently reading:
Which antivirus?

i'm looking for some antivirus software for my girlfriends PC. Its a 2.6Ghz with 256mb ram (soon to be atleast 512mb as its always all used.)

She recently got Norton 360 which has to be the biggest waste of space I've ever seen. I had the computer running perfectly before installation but once installed, the computer was practically unusable with it running even though it meets the minimum spec. I had to disable everything except the antivirus to make the computer usable, though it wasn't bearable so that got sent back! Even once it was uninstalled, it left so much crap behind that the computer still wasn't back up to speed. I've tried trawling though it all and tried a system restore but it wouldn't, so I'm just going to reformat.

Once its reformatted and OS is back on, i want to install a fast, very easy to use and understand, and reliable antivirus. what antivirus available in the shops would you recommend?

Last edited:
Buy AVG, don't use the freebie. If there's a major outbreak, like the melissa virus a few years ago you can't get updates as the servers get flooded. AVG Professional has dedicated servers, and recieves updates 4 times a day.
Small footprint (although not as small as NOD32) and easy to use.

AVG8 uses even less resources than the previous 7.5. Not seen how this compares to NOD32 as its early days.

Back