Think a trip to court is in order

Currently reading:
Think a trip to court is in order

Hey, last night i was dropping two friends off, thought no big deal no trouble will come. Get to a local street "main street" few cars about and they want dropping off in the middle so i indicated and pulled up near a zebra crossing thought im not doing anything wrong as my indicator was on engine running i wasnt waiting long. then before i know it Police vectra passes then blue lights on and turns round stops and tells me to get in his car. :bang:

They ask do u know why u av done wrong, :rolleyes: wasnt the time to say "criminal good looks" but i tried and failed, they said i was on too close to the crossing and was on the zig zag lines, fair enough i was but only my tyres (still wrong i know) but they were now so does that not count :rolleyes: anyway gets to giving me the ticket 3 points £60 finem and he said by all means take this to court ;) i will, plus i dint notice but on my ticket my car has been noted as a Fiat Uno!! is this wrong, they neva asked what vehicle it was they jus saw a fiat badge on the back and thought its an uno.

I have nothing against unos whatso ever, but my car is a bit different to an uno from many angles. So think i will take this up with the courts

Any help or advice is welcome

Dave

I would just pay it, youve just said yourself you might you think you are in the wrong, do you want to pay court costs and fees if it doesnt pay off? 3 pts does sound a bit extreme, maybe it is a problem in your area and they are cracking down.

Bit weird about the uno though.

When i got a fixed ticket, he didnt have a clue what mine was, had to spell it out :p although he said it was a nice car :woot:

crazydave said:
They ask do u know why u av done wrong, :rolleyes: wasnt the time to say "criminal good looks" but i tried and failed,

Dave

dare say if you hadn`t said that you might have just been told to move.

Paul_H said:
dare say if you hadn`t said that you might have just been told to move.
i agree there. police lack sense of humour most of the time. *awaits police flaming*

crazydave said:
Guess so but it is a bit harsh, and my car isnt an uno, they jus wanted to meet their figures.

There are no figures, so can dish as many as they like out!
I wouldnt do this to someone unless they were gobby and giving me a hard time, I think 3 points is a bit harsh, but I suppose its there for a reason!

Im sure words of advice would have been better, personally I wouldnt bother going to court over it and just take it, its very very unlikely (unfortunatly) that you will be "let off" so to speak, and will just have to pay costs ontop of it!
Its things like this that unfortunatly give the police a bad name, I wouldnt give points for something like this!

Seraph said:
i agree there. police lack sense of humour most of the time. *awaits police flaming*

Yep its true, mainly because its been said so many times before its just boring and kinda makes out that you are some sort of joker who has no respect (no disrespect to you whatsoever, just a small part of society here that I am refering to)

brava007 said:
Its things like this that unfortunatly give the police a bad name, I wouldnt give points for something like this!
I'm glad that some police can see this. Like the humourless woman who pulled me for "using my brakes". She asked me why, so i was like "i saw the five -o, better safe than sorry. I wasn't raggin my car, just thought i'd make sure i wasn't an mph or 2 over the limit"

wouldn't mind if i could go to an easily accessible cop shop, but instead i get sent to bloody Dewsbury... Dewsbury.. I have to park a mile away and walk... In future, I will not use my brakes.. EVER!

Seraph said:
I'm glad that some police can see this. Like the humourless woman who pulled me for "using my brakes". She asked me why, so i was like "i saw the five -o, better safe than sorry. I wasn't raggin my car, just thought i'd make sure i wasn't an mph or 2 over the limit"

wouldn't mind if i could go to an easily accessible cop shop, but instead i get sent to bloody Dewsbury... Dewsbury.. I have to park a mile away and walk... In future, I will not use my brakes.. EVER!

what do you mean?

One night, i was driving to a club to pick some mates up, and on come the blues and twos. the guy pulls me over (i'm driving a Clio, not a ferrarri, i'm driving sensibly, cos i mostly always do). he gets out of his car (you know hi-vis jacket... i thought "aye aye, doing a bit of undercover work are we?") he comes over and puts his head through the window (kinda disturbing since it was still closed - j/k) he asks if i could identify myself (wanted to take a look in the mirror and say "yea that's me". But i provided my FULL (cos i always carry both parts my insurance docs and my v5 around with me) driving licence. He then asks, "do you know what i've pulled you for?".
I wanted to say "cos you're bored", but again, i bit my lip, and replied "no, sorry, what?"

His response "Because you are a young lad driving around at night".
At this point I lost my rag... "So, therefore being under 20 I'm a criminal? You're telling me that I am out stealing my own car, i' not driving round in circles, I have a definited route. Why should my ge mean anything"

He gave me som lecture about being careful and it's his responsibility to make sure the streets are safe fom the unwholesome element.... blah blah. anyways, they gave me a producer (despite all the documentation being there)

I had to write to the local council about it... and got nowhere....
The result, in this area, the law are a law to themselves.

brava007 said:
what do you mean?
oh, the nearest police station that you can present at is a little bit inaccessible, can be quite time consuming to visit. there area few that are easier to present at, but they specifically asked me to present at dewsbury

Seraph, I dont blame you for losing it personally!! Best thing to do is to not be smart and just be polite and sensible (which is what you did until he came out with that ridiculous reason!!!!)

Seraph said:
oh, the nearest police station that you can present at is a little bit inaccessible, can be quite time consuming to visit. there area few that are easier to present at, but they specifically asked me to present at dewsbury

you can produce it where you want, you cant be told where to do it.

its all about how you are with them, got stopped before for pulling away (not noticing the police right behind me) and in a rage (just of the phone to the ex) hit 90 in a 40 and left the policecar sitting, turned onto a country road and a few hundred yards later noticed the blue lights!!!

got let off with a warning tho :eek:)

Seraph said:
One night, i was driving to a club to pick some mates up, and on come the blues and twos. the guy pulls me over (i'm driving a Clio, not a ferrarri, i'm driving sensibly, cos i mostly always do). he gets out of his car (you know hi-vis jacket... i thought "aye aye, doing a bit of undercover work are we?") he comes over and puts his head through the window (kinda disturbing since it was still closed - j/k) he asks if i could identify myself (wanted to take a look in the mirror and say "yea that's me". But i provided my FULL (cos i always carry both parts my insurance docs and my v5 around with me) driving licence. He then asks, "do you know what i've pulled you for?".
I wanted to say "cos you're bored", but again, i bit my lip, and replied "no, sorry, what?"

His response "Because you are a young lad driving around at night".
At this point I lost my rag... "So, therefore being under 20 I'm a criminal? You're telling me that I am out stealing my own car, i' not driving round in circles, I have a definited route. Why should my ge mean anything"

He gave me som lecture about being careful and it's his responsibility to make sure the streets are safe fom the unwholesome element.... blah blah. anyways, they gave me a producer (despite all the documentation being there)

I had to write to the local council about it... and got nowhere....
The result, in this area, the law are a law to themselves.
yes but if your car had been stolen you would want them stopping people,wouldnt you?

no. We're not in a police state. If the cost of crime free is innoccent people being Harrassed, and it was harrassment, by the police, then it's not worth it. I was i stolen, there was no damage toi the car, I know cos he had a god shufties before he came to talk. I don't look like a twocker was smartly dressed (cos i'd been out) and wasn't wearing hoody, gloved etc..

Anyone who's met me out of a night out will know i'm always polite. I was brought up knowing right from wrong and believing that manners maketh man. I wouldn't consider being rude to the police. and as such i wasn't. I just wanted some justification for the crap that he was spouting.

Back