Think a trip to court is in order

Currently reading:
Think a trip to court is in order

SeicentoS said:
I find that if you talk to the police politely they might let you off, I've been pulled over 3 times, twice for stupid driving and once for being out late. Talk to them nicely and they'll talk to you nicely and I got let off for stupid driving. Just don't get cocky with them and learn from your mistakes.

I wasnt cocky, so i do learn from my mistakes. The tone they took with me was inappropriate, i sat in the back of the vehicle and remained calm as there is no point in making things worse :rolleyes:

you say you will lose your license . . . . you have how many points now and what for if I may ask?

brava007 said:
you say you will lose your license . . . . you have how many points now and what for if I may ask?

Right if i have 3 points on my licence and past just under 2 yrs ago and if im not mistaken 3 more means bye bye license

Its two years, and im sure you have to retake a test too, not to sure about the test bit though but its definitly 2 years

crazydave said:
Right if i have 3 points on my licence and past just under 2 yrs ago and if im not mistaken 3 more means bye bye license

Thats correct 6pts in 2yrs= lost licence and apply for re-test.:(
So how long have you got left till the 2yrs are up Dave? You say you passed just under 2yrs ago, so it cant be long can it?:confused:
This sheds a whole different light on the matter for me, i can see why youre so pissed off about it now:bang: ! I suggest you use public transport if i was you till the 2yrs are up or be very, very aware of your surroundings, speed and tyre tread etc. One slip up now and youre f*cked!(n)
I really do think that the comment you made when stopped had alot to do with it, especially when their on board computer pointed out you,d only been driving less than 2yrs.They obviously thought they,d make an example of you, so you,d tell all your mates and they,d know better than to do the same.:( Guess what?, i reckon it worked.:D
I know it dont sound like it but im actually on your side, my only other advice would be if you do get pulled again THEN fight it and get it adjourned until the 2yrs are up!:slayer:

Hate to say this but if I knew one more driving offence and I would lose my licence, I would be driving like an angel until that was no longer the case. But that's gone - I guess it's a gamble taking them to court because you might get let off but then you might lose anyway and have costs to pay.

If you were on the far side ZigZags as in not the set before the actual crossing then you could argue that you stopped there because it was safe and that people could see traffic from either angle if they decided to cross the road.

If it was late at night you couls also go to court and state that before you were asked to stop the vehicle you checked for pedestrains and there was no one in sight at all and because you were not intending to be stationary for more then 20 seconds you were not obstructing the view of people who were none existant to cross the road.

And add that the main reason you came to court to defend yourself is because of your existing 3 points and you can't financially afford to take your tests again :(

Trancendental said:
If you were on the far side ZigZags as in not the set before the actual crossing then you could argue that you stopped there because it was safe and that people could see traffic from either angle if they decided to cross the road.

If it was late at night you couls also go to court and state that before you were asked to stop the vehicle you checked for pedestrains and there was no one in sight at all and because you were not intending to be stationary for more then 20 seconds you were not obstructing the view of people who were none existant to cross the road.

:(

Thanks appreciate your understanding, i wasnt meaning to be an obstruction, truth be told i wasnt aware i was on the lines thats how far away from the crossing :eek: i mean there was like no traffic on the road and i wasnt stopping to have a chat just about to let them open the door and go to where they needed to be.

dave said:
you could ask the court to ban you for a week or 2 instead of points
Its totally up to the magistrates what punishment they give, you cant just ask them for this and that.

You could possibly apply for exceptional hardship if you could convince the court that there are mitigating circumstances. The loss of your job could be considered to be exceptional hardship as could the loss of employment for others.

chrisunoman said:
Its totally up to the magistrates what punishment they give, you cant just ask them for this and that.

Last time I was in court, my penalty was a fixed one but I think they might ask you whether you need your car, at this point say no but blah blah blah or say yes cause if I get banned I'll spend all my insurance money on drugs and it'll be your fault.

well :cool:

might be nothing but your first 30 mins consultation is free with a solicitor(y) , you can try the disrimination act because they are suppose to be impartial and deal with the individual and not the stereotype.(if you get my meaning) :D
plus where did he park the VECTRA infront or behond ur car because the position of the camera might get you off depending on the angle of their car and yours cause it might show ur tyres being just behind (if you get my meaning :) ) even if they werent......:)

but then you also have immitagating circumstances to try... by saying you noticed a wobble on ur wheel and thought it was more dangerous continuing ur journey without checking it first. :confused: :confused:

maybe might be clutching straws but see either CITIZENS ADVICE or a solicitor

http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/

ok mate

Not wanting to be picky but . .

shaunmurray said:
well :cool:

might be nothing but your first 30 mins consultation is free with a solicitor(y) ,

Not all solicitors offer this

you can try the disrimination act because they are suppose to be impartial and deal with the individual and not the stereotype.(if you get my meaning) :D

Has nothing to do with this whatsoever so no point going there

plus where did he park the VECTRA infront or behond ur car because the position of the camera might get you off depending on the angle of their car and yours cause it might show ur tyres being just behind (if you get my meaning :) ) even if they werent......:)

The camera might not have been on! They arent always on, might not have even had one

but then you also have immitagating circumstances to try... by saying you noticed a wobble on ur wheel and thought it was more dangerous continuing ur journey without checking it first. :confused: :confused:

maybe might be clutching straws but see either CITIZENS , ADVICE or a solicitor

http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/

Solicitor or CAB is a good idea if you want to try and fight against it :)

ok mate

then if the camera wasnt on then he can argue the point of his word against theres and they will have to proove him beyond reasonable doubt with no evidence should be a good battle if he wants to try it

NO EVIDENCE - NO CASE :idea:

SHAUN

Ems dad got caught for speeding last year, and it would have pushed him over 12 points. He's a lorry driver, and because a ban would mean losing his job, coupled with him only having 3 months until 3 of his points came off, and 4 months until another 3 came off, they let him off with a fine, and they annotated his license to say the why there were no points. Perhaps if you talk to a solicitor about it, and explain to them that:

A. you were only just on the lines, at night (I think so anyway, the 1st post was 3 4 pages ago and it's late lol) and you were stopping to "unload," admit you may have been wrong, but you didn't realise. Ask if the police cars had a camera, and ask if it was on. If it was, request to see the tape. Afaik they have to show you? (not sure though..) Point out that they didn't even check the model of car, and didn't get your plate right, you had to tell them the correct reg

B. You only have 2 months until you have had your license the required amount of time, and the 3 points will cause you to go back to square one.

C. You cannot afford a re-test, but would be willing to take a temporary ban, and make sure you admit that if there is a tape and it shows your wheel on the line, however far, admit you were at fault.

maybe they can help you out? I would advise using a "no win, no fee" service though, as if you lose you'll need a hefty loan to pay the bill.

I'm not saying they can help, but you don't know if you don't try!

Oh, and I don't want anybody telling me I'm talking crap, as my advice is just that. I don't claim to know whether it'll work or not, just that it might be worth a try!!!!

Jon+Em

Last edited:
Back