Think a trip to court is in order

Currently reading:
Think a trip to court is in order

shaunmurray said:
by saying you noticed a wobble on ur wheel and thought it was more dangerous continuing ur journey without checking it first.

so you're basically telling him to:

a)lie - perjury
not recommended as the possiblity of a stint at her majestys lesiure is an option

b)explain how his car was in such a poor state on the road he couldnt even get it beyond the zig zags
could cost you even more, remember prosecutions burden of proof is the vehicles condition was dangerous, and you are telling the court that....
http://www.freelawyer.co.uk/vlawyer/actfile.asp?subject1=4&subject2=3&seq=1&actid=50

c)explain why he didn't mention at the time to the officer his car was faulty

that'll go down a storm as a defence, can i be told when and where the case will be, gotta see the look on your face when you try it

shaunmurray said:
then if the camera wasnt on then he can argue the point of his word against theres and they will have to proove him beyond reasonable doubt with no evidence should be a good battle if he wants to try it

NO EVIDENCE - NO CASE :idea:

SHAUN

Im sure Turboned will back me up here when I say that makes no difference whatsoever. The evidence is what we write on our statement, and by lying on this we will lose our jobs!
Believe it or not, but the courts tend to take the word of police officers (unfortunatly there are bad apples which make this harder!)

brava007 said:
The evidence is what we write on our statement, and by lying on this we will lose our jobs!

This brings me back to my comment on the possibility of getting it thrown out on a technicality. The recorded details of the offence are incorrect and by admitting to the offence wouldn't the accused incriminate himself?

The original poster screwed up in the first place but hey, we all need a break sometimes.

I dont know if the vectra had video set up, but i spoke with my dad yesterday about this, and he said if i was in the wrong then the police vectra was as well as he parked on the zig zags as well but even closer,

If my car was in such a dangerous spot why didnt the police ask me to move it back so that before we continue my car is no longer a hazard

If my car was in such a dangerous spot why did the police park closer to the crossing than me and then ask me to get in the back of their car.

There was nothing from stopping them parking behind me or having the common sense to ask me to move my car back till it was in a safe zone :)

Why argue the fact you were in the wrong? I can understand the frustraition and general GGRRRR nesss your probably feeling but why argue it?

If you goto court it'll be your word against the Police, unfortunatly the Police will probably win, the fact you said "criminal good looks etc" whilst quick thinking and made me laugh very hard will just make you out to be:

1. Imature
2. Cocky
3. Not sure why you were pulled could lead to all kinds of issues of not paying attention, driving without due care, lack of understanding the law etc.

If I was in your position I'd pay the fine swallow the points with a hard gulp and lump in my throat and try not to worry over the little technicalities that really don't make the blindest bit of differance to the facts that an offense was commited.

I've been quite lucky - never been pulled for anything other than an actual reason.Brake switch not working (making the brake lights flitter on/off)

But i've had a couple of parking tickets and the colour of my cars been krazy...one said it was blue, one said silver, one said turquoise..................It's Crystal Green (i'll accept silvery greenish!!!)

Kurt said:
I've been quite lucky - never been pulled for anything other than an actual reason.Brake switch not working (making the brake lights flitter on/off)

But i've had a couple of parking tickets and the colour of my cars been krazy...one said it was blue, one said silver, one said turquoise..................It's Crystal Green (i'll accept silvery greenish!!!)

lol, jus say its flip paint (y) or like a mood ring it changes colour for its moods

Isn't the whole idea of not getting more than six points in the first two years of driving to get the message home to new drivers to BE CAREFUL AND PAY ATTENTION or lose your licence/ take a re-test?

So if you already got stung for one three point offence, and then a second within two years then it seems that this is not working...

CrazyDave, I can imagine it must be very frustrating but there's no getting away from the fact that you've commited two offences within the first two years of driving. Whether the second offence is almost at the two year point is irrelevant, they've both been commited within 24 months.

Unless I missed it, you never did say what your other driving offence was for? :confused: I hope it wasn't for the same thing?

My advice would be to go to court and admit guilt, apologise to the magistrates and explain you made a mistake and didn't realise you were stopped illegally but accept you were in the wrong. I would suspect you'd get more leniency from them that way than by trying to make the Police look like fools and attempting to get off on a technicality.

But it's also worth looking through the threads on the forum about how many young/ new drivers behave like idiots on the road and infuriate everyone else as well as put others at risk. In those cases people are all too keen to have the law rammed home on the offenders.

And this is exactly why the 6 points within the first two years law was brought in. New/ young drivers ARE statistically proven to be at much higher risks of causing/ being involved in an accident and/ or making serious driving errors. That's why insurance is so damn high for under 25's.

Therefore any laws made to try and reduce accidents or any kind of driving error that can put others at risk should be applauded, not abused and ridiculed.

Admit guilt graciously, and explain that if you had to re-take your test it would cause you financial hardship as well as great inconvenience. Would it affect you attending a job/ college for instance? This would go down far better than making the Police out to be fools, as that can backfire and land you with a bigger fine and a more severe conviction/ ban.

The choice is yours...

appreciate the comment fair point, but the way i see it is if i felt the points were due i would accept them and face it, but i dont think it was right so im disputing it, if i do get points oh wel, if like i intend to not to receive the fine or the points then i feel justice has been done. :) i aint having a go at the police but i feel in this case they were attempting malicious prosecution.

Perhaps I have taken your comment the wrong way but you still don't get that you're not meant to park on zig-zag lines do you crazydave? Perhaps it would be no bad thing if you did have to retake your test and read the highway code cover to cover a few times.

1986Uno45S said:
Admit guilt graciously, and explain that if you had to re-take your test it would cause you financial hardship as well as great inconvenience. Would it affect you attending a job/ college for instance? This would go down far better than making the Police out to be fools, as that can backfire and land you with a bigger fine and a more severe conviction/ ban.
This would be the most sensible option, bringing to the court PROOF of exceptional hardship, merely stating reasons means nothing in court.

Just another question.. what does it actually say on your summons? ie what is the code and description? As this goes some way into predicting what the punishment will be.

Some people just dont know when there fooked do they?!:confused:
How many times do you need it saying Dave? Youve got as much chance as a snowball in hell! You are just gonna dig your own grave if you fight this one:( , the best advice youve been given has been said many times already."Take it graciously, admit it, but tell em how its gonna effect your life"!. In other words "TAKE YOUR MEDICENE LIKE A MAN":slayer:
Ive said it so many times before but " if you think its not fair, tough!. Life aint fair and it dont get any easier as you get older, so get used to it!!":bang:

1986Uno45S said:
CrazyDave, it is worth pointing out that two of the people posting on here are active Police Officers and know a thing or two about road traffic laws. Their advice is very valuable if you wish to take it...

(y) cheers

MATT 68 said:
Some people just dont know when there fooked do they?!:confused:
How many times do you need it saying Dave? Youve got as much chance as a snowball in hell! You are just gonna dig your own grave if you fight this one:( , the best advice youve been given has been said many times already."Take it graciously, admit it, but tell em how its gonna effect your life"!. In other words "TAKE YOUR MEDICENE LIKE A MAN":slayer:
Ive said it so many times before but " if you think its not fair, tough!. Life aint fair and it dont get any easier as you get older, so get used to it!!":bang:

:( Thanks, i know life dont get easier i aint disputing that :eek:

Just out of interest, are there any set guidelines as to what sort of offense warrants what sort of fine/penalty?

since it seems insane to me that you can get 3 points for breaking the speed limit (that is dangerous driving) and also get 3 points for parking at night next to a crossing... i was just wondering if there are guidelines that say "this is worthy of 3 fpp's, this is worthy of none, this is worthy of £60" etc.etc.

i would think that as it was night then its worse to stop on a zig zag as its dark and harder to see, crazydave may have only stopped to drop someone off but the police were not to know that.
but are you allowed to stop on a zigzag? if not then you have a case, if you got reported for parking and you was still in the car then you still have as case as you are not parked untill you switch engine off iirc

dave said:
i would think that as it was night then its worse to stop on a zig zag as its dark and harder to see, crazydave may have only stopped to drop someone off but the police were not to know that.
but are you allowed to stop on a zigzag? if not then you have a case, if you got reported for parking and you was still in the car then you still have as case as you are not parked untill you switch engine off iirc

Thanks dave, its a place quite local to me its a long parade of shops that shut at 5 i but are still lit so it wasnt dark really and i got pulled at 8:45, my engine was still running and i was in my car so i dont think it was very fair to be honest as i was only gonna be there 1 min at max. i didnt honestly know i was on the zig zags til they pointed it out to me and they said it was a danger, if it was so much of a danger why did they do the same and not ask me to move my car away from the lines before they continue?

Back