Think a trip to court is in order

Currently reading:
Think a trip to court is in order

Seraph said:
no. We're not in a police state. If the cost of crime free is innoccent people being Harrassed, and it was harrassment, by the police, then it's not worth it. I was i stolen, there was no damage toi the car, I know cos he had a god shufties before he came to talk. I don't look like a twocker was smartly dressed (cos i'd been out) and wasn't wearing hoody, gloved etc..

Anyone who's met me out of a night out will know i'm always polite. I was brought up knowing right from wrong and believing that manners maketh man. I wouldn't consider being rude to the police. and as such i wasn't. I just wanted some justification for the crap that he was spouting.

you complain about being stereotyped due to being under 20 and then use on to defend your case.ive been stopped a few times for the usual qu's.
the police have to try and keep a fine line and im sure its not easy.

I ve been pulled twise.. nothing for doing anything wrong with my driving but other things..

first time was rear brake lights not working. i acted calmly and didnt have an attitude with them etc. thats the worst thing you can do imo.. why make them hate you? you will just end up worse. I basicly just said my MOT was coming up and I had checked them the week before and they were working (the truth). I got a producer to get them fixed which is fair enough.

second time I had been working on my front bumper and went to collect babz from work and forgot to put the front no plate back on.. they pulled me over and asked me to come to the front of the car .. i expected them to start asking me about the bumper and why it wasnt painted etc (was all primer, as was bonnet.. looked a mess). he pointed at the front and said "wheres your number plate then?" .. i looked at the car and gave a genuine "oh ****" as I had no idea ide not put it back on :p They checked my details and license etc made a few jokes and sent me on my way.

Seems that if you have an attitude or make it out that they are wasting your time then you will get off worse. my mum was once doing 100 on the M1... she slammed her brakes on back to 70 going past the police car and they pulled her over. she just acted dumb and said she never goes on motorways and was just keeping up with the traffic infront. then gave her a warning and let her go no probs.

bozzy said:
A good brief could get this dismissed on a technicality. incorrect details perhaps?
All they'd do is adjourn it three weeks and send out a new summons with the correct details on.

bozzy said:
A good brief could get this dismissed on a technicality. incorrect details perhaps?

Unfortunatly not as its only the model. If it were details of the person themselves (as in wrong surname etc) then yeah.

I guess so, if i was of different race perhaps, but i tried to be polite, i did not argue just sat quietly and listened to what they had to say. They didnt even get my number plate right at first they just read what they assumed my plate was. then ran a check to find that plate was not issued they looked at me straight away like i was a criminal, i then corrected them and told them my number plate (even though it was a foot in front of them :rolleyes:) i have sent an e mail to my local mp see if they can help, i would feel upset still about a fine on its own but points as well is just (n) it is a bit like parked on double yellows but u get points as well :yuck:

Without being disrespectful, and dont get me wrong I am not taking sides etc, its a zebra crossing, nothing like double yellows, the reason is that on a zebra crossing it is very very important that cars can see pedestrians, and vice versa as its only observations which can tell if someone is crossing/waiting to cross, hence why having a car on the zigzags is an obstruction and needs dealing with. I personally think that 3 points is a bit much to be honest but that is all it can be, 3 points and a 60quid fine.

an uno? you do drive a stilo right? :confused:

mind you i've been asked what my uno is a few times

"what cars it? a panda?"

the guy who gave me a producer was cool, he used to drive a UT :D

the guy who pulled me for a little exessive on speed was pretty alright aswell, after a drug search and things i got let off

and again one for parking, nothing came of it...

brava007 said:
Without being disrespectful, and dont get me wrong I am not taking sides etc, its a zebra crossing, nothing like double yellows, the reason is that on a zebra crossing it is very very important that cars can see pedestrians, and vice versa as its only observations which can tell if someone is crossing/waiting to cross, hence why having a car on the zigzags is an obstruction and needs dealing with. I personally think that 3 points is a bit much to be honest but that is all it can be, 3 points and a 60quid fine.

I understand, but it was only just on the lines with my tyres, bit wrong i get 3 points and £60 fine i did not know the penalty was so high,

my cars a punto lol.

Spoke to my dad and he was in the police for 27yrs and he says as it is saying uno on the ticket that makes it factually incorrect and if it does go to court this is a big downer on the police for not taking the details correctly. they never asked me my vehicle details. and as my engine was running it was still stationary not parked and engine off

crazydave said:
I understand, but it was only just on the lines with my tyres, bit wrong i get 3 points and £60 fine i did not know the penalty was so high,

my cars a punto lol.

Spoke to my dad and he was in the police for 27yrs and he says as it is saying uno on the ticket that makes it factually incorrect and if it does go to court this is a big downer on the police for not taking the details correctly. they never asked me my vehicle details. and as my engine was running it was still stationary not parked and engine off

Hmmm you could try I suppose, did you take a photo of the car in comparison to the lines, if you had taken one with the police there (as in they are visable) that may help as 1) it shows how little you were on it and 2) cant be fake as in you went back and did it later, as the police are in the picture!

brava007 said:
Hmmm you could try I suppose, did you take a photo of the car in comparison to the lines, if you had taken one with the police there (as in they are visable) that may help as 1) it shows how little you were on it and 2) cant be fake as in you went back and did it later, as the police are in the picture!

I always wandered when i would need a camera in the car, no i dint im off to take pics today not of my car where it was just of the crossing, i know this wont be much but its something, only time will tel,

At the end of the day, you commited the "offence" and have been given the choice to accept the fine and points or go to court, where you may get less, but you may get more, its something you hae to think about, dont get tunnel vision where you will only see that you get "let off" I personally cant see you getting let off as such

Dont take this the wrong way, from what you have said I dont like the circumstances and wouldnt have done this, so dont take my post the wrong way, I would be very very annoyed if this has happened to me, just next time dont make any sarcy comments :p
best of luck though :)

oh www.traffic-answers.com has a forum of traffic stuff you can look at :)

crazydave said:

The titanic only just caught an iceberg, bit wrong it should sink with all those people dying!(n)
You were on the lines, end of story, Whether you had 4 or 2 wheels on em you broke the law- FACT.:bang:
You would have probably got a warning but for the cocky reply and then you probably pissed em off more when you didnt tell them theyd got the no. plate wrong(Not your job but it wouldve come accross youre a decent guy)(y)
Instead and i hate to say it Dave your comments were rather......"CHAVY":eek: and they treated you as such.
Still, its a bit harsh imo and i,d consider court, alot of the time the police dont turn up and it gets kicked out, but if they show youre onto a loser.(n)
Also, who refered to the police as the law? :confused: They are not the law, they are law enforcers- a big difference:devil: The police cant demand respect, respect has to be earned and incidents like this dont help anybody.:bang: (n)

Shame not all coppers are like brava 007 and the others who are FF members.

Last edited:
crazydave said:

my cars a punto lol.

Years ago I got stung for the same thing, parked up on the are of a pelican crossing. Except there were no zig zag lines, in fact no lines at all. I parked there because there were no lines at the side of the road, and then came out of the Post Office to find PC Plod enquiring about my car.

He said did I know that I was parked illegally. I said 'no', and explained that I parked where I did because there were no lines there. Mr. Plod then pointed out that I was parked within the boundaries of a pelican crossing, to which I very innocently asked 'where are the boundaries?' Mr. Plod then pointed out the black marker studs in the road either side of the crossing.

Yes, black marker studs in a black road...

I got a PU20 conviction, three points on my licence and a £40 fixed penalty fine (this was in 1989).

At the end of the day, my ignorance was no excuse for contravening a road law. I was, however, extremely miffed when two weeks later white zig zag lines WERE painted within the area of pelican crossing, and if that had been the case earlier I would have known not to park there.

However, at the end of the day I commited an offence. As a result, I took responsibilty for my actions and paid the fine, got the points on my licence and learnt from my mistake. Suffice to say, I have never been caught committing a parking offence like that again. That's what's known as learning from experience.

Also, whether your car had the engine running or not is neither here nor there. The offence is STOPPING on the zig zag lines (excluding to let pedestrians cross), not just parking. And bear in mind as well, that it is also illegal for another driver to pass/ overtake any vehicle in the vicinity of a pelican or zebra crossing. So just by you stopping there could have forced another driver to break the law if they wanted to pass you.

At the end of the day it is a safety issue. As Brava007 quite rightly pointed out it's so that both pedestrians and cars can see each other. By stopping on the zig zag lines you could be obstructing the view of other cars and pedestrians trying to cross. Whether any pedestrians were there or not is irrelevant because the traffic law is applicable 24 hours a day regardless of the situation.

To be honest, you've admitted that you did wrong so pay the price and learn from your mistake. Swallow your pride and take the punishment like a man should. It would make a change from too many people these days who think they can weasel out of anything they do and not bear any responsibility for their actions.

Remember, the laws are there for a reason, whether we like it or not.

I find that if you talk to the police politely they might let you off, I've been pulled over 3 times, twice for stupid driving and once for being out late. Talk to them nicely and they'll talk to you nicely and I got let off for stupid driving. Just don't get cocky with them and learn from your mistakes.

LOL... the offense is stopping except to let pedestrians cross....

you could get a few of your "mates" to swear they were stood at the crossing ready to cross... :D

1986Uno45S said:
To be honest, you've admitted that you did wrong so pay the price and learn from your mistake. Swallow your pride and take the punishment like a man should. It would make a change from too many people these days who think they can weasel out of anything they do and not bear any responsibility for their actions.

Remember, the laws are there for a reason, whether we like it or not.

right i av ad quite enough of being referred to a chav and making chavvy comments, yes given the circumstances looking back now i may have been wrong however there is taking a fine but there is taking points and losing a license as a result!!! i dont wanna have to sell my car :cry: not having a bitch or anything just stating my claim!

Back