The Hearse

Currently reading:
The Hearse

I beg to differ! :D

Anyway, should have a new battery in by the weekend. Would have been tomorrow, but problems with pay mean it'll be a day late so it'll have to wait. The car, when shes fired up, is running a lot better. Starting is still troublesome, so a new battery and service will hopefully help. Also going to hopefuly have the thermostat and front brakes changed before St of Andrews.

Martyn said:
Cheers mate ill let you know. Sit rep, new battery installed last night at stuarts. Didnt get home without making a new fault though, exhaust centre section snapped. Replaced earlier as it was just too loud!

I tell you, should've just done a custom one, doesn't need to be expensive - Ally's went at one point so he literally popped a bit of scaffold on. Apparently sounded quite interesting :laugh:

Bit of an update again today.

Massive cheers first of all to Mark and Daz (Cento and Abyss) for putting in some work on the Vec for me!

Took a drive to Dundee to go over last minute plans for St Andrews with Mark, and hopefully do some flyering. Weather kinda put paid to the idea of flyering. I did half a dozen or so motors whilst sat eating a sandwich at Tesco waiting for Mark to arrive. Then the heavens opened. Oops.

So retreating to the lock ups we got the plugs and oil changed. Seems the vec, in her old age, is leaking oil into the plugs. Will have to monitor that one, but the new plugs seem to be burning the oil off after being correctly set up. The gaps definately weren't right set up from their boxes, and I suspect the last set fitted were maybe the same.

Original plan was to change the oil filter and re-bleed the cooling system, but National have over-torqued my front wheels to ****. They will not move. Neither man nor machine can remove the wheel nuts, so I suspect another sharply worded email is in order.

Was a good afternoons banter, so thanks again guys. Oh, and Mark has a trophy piece from the Cinq to show to the world...one broken spring.

[attachment=1:b4u2rt47]IMAG0339.jpg[/attachment:b4u2rt47]

Shame to hear about the issues with the Vec but at least good banter was had :)

And I reckon if the engine's fubar do something mental like transplant over an MSD GSi lump and pop on Omega rwd running gear. I'm sure it'd be a perfectly easy thing to achieve ;)

the wheel nuts are stupidly tight

as said at the time, i've never been unable to get a wheelnut off due to tightness before, even an airgun with something like 250nm of torque didnt have enough shove to get them off

bonkers

Mrcento said:
the wheel nuts are stupidly tight

as said at the time, i've never been unable to get a wheelnut off due to tightness before, even an airgun with something like 250nm of torque didnt have enough shove to get them off

bonkers

I did have an issue with one on the Stilo once. Put so much force trying to loosen it with the standard Fiat wheel brace I split the metal on said brace. Took it down to Arnold Clark who without an apology or anything re-torqued it and sent me on my way. Wouldn't have been a safety issue or anything *rolls eyes*

Update.

MOT is due at the start of September. The more I think about what's needing done, the more Im thinking its just not worth the hassle. Plus, at the moment, I can't afford to repair or replace the Hearse. So she'll probably just go to scrap in about 5 or 6 weeks.

Got to hope some other plans fall into place so I can keep on motoring, but just now things aint good on the financial front :(

186k(ish) on the clock, in case anyone's wondering. She's had a hard life.

Back