The Teuchter Car

Currently reading:
The Teuchter Car

Harper said:
The Teuchter Car is finally back on the driveway and all road legal for another year. 2 new tyres and a wiper blade was all that was required thankfully so relatively cheap for once.

How long do we think before it's back in the garage again? Place your bets now folks :lol:

lowered-punto said:
2.5 months :lol:

I think you're being a tad optomistic tbh :lol:

Road trip next week so let's see how it behaves...

And I was right.

The Teuchter Car now has an oil leak but from where I can't see as the undertray obscures it. The coolant is also sitting on minimum which freaks me out considering the hassle and expense I went through last time to get that sorted. The garage is shut so I'll be phoning first thing on Monday to get the damn thing booked in for exploratory surgery.

I have to say though of all the weeks for me not to have a car it couldn't have timed it better. I'm in Edinburgh on Monday and Tuesday and was planning to bus in on Friday anyway as it's the big submit day for our PhD students - celebration time. So just Wednesday and Thursday to complain about needless public transport

Uh oh, that's not good......

[attachment=0:3n1whor1]IMG-20161001-WA0001[1].jpg[/attachment:3n1whor1]

Attachments

• IMG-20161001-WA0001[1].jpg
    IMG-20161001-WA0001[1].jpg
    321.5 KB · Views: 79
Should have mentioned this to me today, could have gave it a quick once over

Cheers for the offer but that happened after you'd dropped off the bookcases. After you left I headed out to get boxes for the grand reorganisation and got back to that nice little fuel slick exactly in-line with my exit from the driveway :(

My neighbour did the touch/smell thing and diagnosed fuel. The car is booked in to the garage on Tuesday anyway to get the oil leak looked at (and yes it is oil - again confirmed by neighbour and not me just guessing) so I'll mention it to them and get them to sort that out at the same time

Leaky sump fixed and the garage seem to think the fuel was the oil melting the foam in the undertray and the downhill angle of my driveway causing it to leak through as I drove off. They may be right as there was no sign of it elsewhere and they report the foam was a mess and completely unsalvageable. However, knowing the Teuchter Car as I do I'm not convinced and will show them the above photo for a second opinion when I pick the car up. It won't be tonight though as I'm almost voiceless due to a very bad sore throat and I really don't want to pass that on to anyone else

Alloys all cleaned up and ready to go into storage for winter. The car is not so clean though :(

[attachment=0:3r43idw7]IMG-20161126-WA0003[1].jpg[/attachment:3r43idw7]

It's been worse though :lol: I may have to bump the show and grime thread this winter

Attachments

• IMG-20161126-WA0003[1].jpg
    IMG-20161126-WA0003[1].jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 49
Ah... that's not so Good, dis something hit you or did you hit something?

lowered-punto said:
Well **** and I got rid of the spare set you gave to me

Wrong coloured insert though and that's why I passed them off on to you. Those were chrome and I have the light grey

Stuart said:
Ah... that's not so Good, dis something hit you or did you hit something?

It was a pheasant taking flight at just the wrong moment. less than a mile from home as well. The headlight was cracked though so not surprised it smashed it. And I'd been debating replacing it this year anyway as it was beginning to bug me

And no I didn't collect the dead bird :lol:

Hmmnn, been a while since I updated this. Car passed it's MOT last month with no advisories although it did need new glow plugs as one had gone. It now needs a new brake light but that's a very cheap and easy issue to fix which will be done asap as the little orange warning light annoys me.

The winter steelies got shot-blasted earlier this month for me to paint however the weather just hasn't played ball so they're rusting in the shed for now just waiting for me to attack them with a wire brush. I'm hoping the rain will finally clear this week in which case I'll be using up some of my annual leave but if not I'll put up the event shelter next weekend and get on with it. Otherwise it could be winter before I get it done.

Back