The Teuchter Car

Currently reading:
The Teuchter Car

Quite simply the cost

Tomorrow is forecast as clear so let's see if I actually do this or resort to keeping the alloys on all winter :laugh:

Oops it's been a while again.

Turns out I'm really, really crap at painting. I knew I wasn't brilliant but this is bad. And to quote the garage - "you're never getting anywhere near anything of mine with a paintbrush" :lol: :lol:

Anyway, picture time. They're ok as long as you don't get too close :cool:

mini

Oh and I should have painted the bolts. I might still do this at some point....

Nah! I've learned my lesson

And once again it's been a while, although this is probably my worst absence ever - sorry for that

The catalyst for engaging with the forum again is that I passed a milestone with the Grande yesterday

[image:1w33hj7f]174[/image:1w33hj7f]

It took a bit longer than expected as my work/life balance is seriously out of kilter at the moment and I've not had any time for decent road trips recently so much so that I don't think the poor car has been south of Aberdeen in over a year.

I must change that next year!

Anyway, the car is doing ok which means a huge bill is probably imminent. However at 100k the engine is only just run ;) in so fingers-crossed it lasts. I'm hoping to keep it going until at least 2021 as by then we'll know how Brexit will affect science and if I'll still have a job.

In summary, the Teuchter Car is still alive (as am I) and intending to stay that way for a while yet

Well that's interesting, I can no longer edit my posts which means I can't fix the photo links that broke in the migration over here.

Just in case anyone is actually reading, the picture for post 53 should be this

and the image for post 65 should be this

And in other news, as predicted there has been a huge bill now as the rear brakes needed replacing, I broke yet another coil spring and a wheel bearing went :cry:

I really need to stop driving it like a rally car :D

The springs on these, much like on certain VX's, are clearly absolute chocolate. Every single GP, Corsa, Bravo or Astra you look at the MOT record of has multiple fails on broken coil springs.

Good to see it's still going :)

100k and counting! ?
Well that's interesting, I can no longer edit my posts which means I can't fix the photo links that broke in the migration over here.

Just in case anyone is actually reading, the picture for post 53 should be this

and the image for post 65 should be this

And in other news, as predicted there has been a huge bill now as the rear brakes needed replacing, I broke yet another coil spring and a wheel bearing went :cry:

I really need to stop driving it like a rally car :D

Reactions: lkc
It was the 10th anniversary of my ownership of the Teuchter Car yesterday so to celebrate I persuaded M21MFS that a road trip was required. This was very hastily decided on Friday evening so not much time to publicise it however 4 of us (plus one small child) congregated in Dundee and took the cars for a run out to Coupar Angus, down to Perth and then back up to Dundee. Nice roads for a decent run and the 100HP that joined us did very well in keeping up with the Abarths. Thanks to simon_16vpunto fo suggesting the run

All in the Teuchter Car covered 240 miles yesterday and never missed a beat.

Obligatory picture of fiats in a supermarket car park

Back