The Teuchter Car

Currently reading:
The Teuchter Car

Get eibachs on it Katie..yes it will lower it slightly but this much springs in a year isn't healthy..

lowered-punto said:
Are you replacing them with fiat springs or no name brands because I had the same issue 3 springs in a year all fiat oem put on my lo springs and did 20,000 never snapped a spring

Non-Fiat last time and it still broke :cry:

Stuart said:
Get eibachs on it Katie..yes it will lower it slightly but this much springs in a year isn't healthy..

I was thinking about that yesterday afternoon and had hoped to discuss it with the garage owner when I picked up the car but he wasn't there. I'm planning to pop in tomorrow morning to talk to him as my one concern is how the steelies would cope with a slightly lowered stance. We already know going from 17 -15 lowers it enough to make getting off the ramps more problematic than with the alloys on and I can confirm that the steelies also make some speed bumps more interesting. However if he thinks I'll get away with it I may just be going eibach and finally lowering the car :eek:h:

The alternative would be to get 17" steelers for the winter

I'm really not sure I want to go down the route of yet another set of wheels. I'm not @jatkinson you know :lol:

Plus I'm not sure I actually want to go back up to 17s for winters either as one of the reasons for the 15s was because the car handled so badly in the snow - heavy engines and big tyres are not a good combination. Chances are I'll be changing the car in 2 years time so I may just put up with the crappy suspension rather than invest more in it

Just been doing the usual checks of the car prior to a long journey and discovered I'm losing coolant again. It's sitting on the minimum line :( Trying to remember the last time I checked and it was probably just before Cupar so from the medium line to minimum in just less than 3 weeks.

Now I have to decide if I'm taking it to Nottingham or if I cancel :( :( :(

Yeah it was.

Took it to the garage to get their opinion of whether it's safe to take it down to Nottingham and lo and behold when we opened the bonnet the level was back to the middle. Apparently there was probably a surge and it was hiding in the overflow before going back to normal when the car was driven again. At least I think that's what the man said :lol:

Anyway, all perfectly ok and the trip's still on but I should keep an eye on the coolant level just in case. Phew :)

Oh and it got some tlc from my nephew this morning and is looking rather shiny and beading nicely in the rain. Whether it still looks like that once it's travelled over 400 miles is another matter...

The Teuchter Car behaved perfectly for the trip although I'll probably find a few suspension problems when it gets serviced at the end of August. Some of the roads I travelled on were appalling with the worst ones being in Scotland. Still, just shy of 1000 miles since Saturday and the only complaint I have is that it's covered in dead flies :D

And that was after nearly 500 miles as well :D

Stopped off in Auchterarder on the way down and for the first time ever my car was cleaner than Callum's :lol:

Just booked the Teuchter Car in for it's MOT and service on the 15th. Last year was astronomically expensive to get it road legal so I'm already nervous about what it'll cost me this time round. Especially as there was a slight hiccup in power this morning heading up one of the hills.

It'll be fine right?

It had bloody better be as MITCAR is riding on this being cheap for once :D

The Teuchter Car is finally back on the driveway and all road legal for another year. 2 new tyres and a wiper blade was all that was required thankfully so relatively cheap for once.

How long do we think before it's back in the garage again? Place your bets now folks :lol:

Back