The Hearse

Currently reading:
The Hearse

Plan is that the next car will be Italian. Was so close to having the funds for that Bravo gengis was selling, then had bills and stuff to pay which ate into that fund big time.

Plan is Im just gonna crack on with whatever repairs I need to make to the Vec in the interim, and try and run it for as long as I can as cheaply as I can.

Gonna have to move these posts to a new thread methinks - this is going way off topic!

There's a road in town that branches into two lanes - for any locals, I was on Holburn Street just down from the Malt Mill. From 300 yards or so I spot a cyclist in the N/S lane. Assume he's going straight on (which he did) so when road splits I take O/S lane. He skips a red light and carries on. Volve 4x4 approaches and takes the N/S lane.

Both of these lanes allow travel straight on.

So lights go green, off we go. With a row of (looming) parked cars in front of him, Mr Volvo seems hell bent on sitting on my inside, and shows no sign of slowing down. Traffic behind us, so nowhere for me to go and he is not going to be able to merge in. So he dunts me.

All he could keep saying to me was 'I don't know what happened'

So no, as best as I can tell it's not my fault in any way shape or form. Travelling within the legal speed limit, using a valid lane etc. But anyone who knows me will know I'm one of lifes great worriers. Went through hell last year for no apparent reason waiting for a verdict on the HGT. And I really just can't be arsed with the same again.

as said before, if you are already in a lane and he is switching, you are not at fault in any ay shape or form, all you can do is stay in your lane, its up to him to check its empty before he tries to park his car in it

the only way you can be at fault is if the front of his car was infront of your wingmirror, at that point you would be aware of his precence and partly responsivle to avoiding colisions (slowing down ect).

tbh if u can find the stuff for pennies fix it yourself but if its expensive get the insurance in their its what you pay it for.

but if your in a lane of moving traffic you can't just dissapear up your own arse when someone tries to barge into that lane, especially when the outer lane of two going in the same direction usually takes priority, if the guy in question is in the inside lane and it's not moving or theres an obstruction ahead then he has to wait until the lane he wants is either clear or theres a safe gap. all the cars in the outside lane have the right of way at that point and he has to yeild regardless of where they are positioned.

the inside lane was obstructed/not free flowing, hence why he wanted in the outside one? the lane with the free moving traffic always takes priority in that circumstance, if the outside lane had been blocked the inside would have had priority at that point

just to add, highway code

112. lane discipline- If you need to change lane, first use your mirrors and check your blind spots to make sure you will not force another driver or rider to swerve or slow down. When it is safe to do so, signal to indicate your intentions to other road users and when clear move over.

Martyn, this can't be your fault. He changed lane and he hit into you ..... so why are you paying out your own pocket ??????? (or is he paying out and not going through the insurance?)

You paid for the service use it!

Ming

Aye, I know mate, I know. Problem is a claim last year (even though non fault) and some points in Jan won't help this years price.

Changed the side repeater earlier, new wing mirror cover being wet sanded for a quick spray early doors.

I'm sorry but if a Volvo 4x4 (probs XC90) is on you're inside & moves into you're lane he can't NOT see you in his mirrors as he sit's higher up, or just couldn't be arsed checking his mirros & moved anyway.

Hope you don't have the same insurance problems with the Vec as you did with the HGT Martyn, you wan't me to keep aneye out in local scrappies for parts at all??

:to_pick_ones_nose:Replacement mirror cover sprayed, laquered and ready to be re-homed.

Really chuffed with the finsh, especailly with the fact the primer I bought failed epiclly. No amount of shaking the rattle tin would result in anything other than water being released. So its just several layers of paint, with a couple layers of laquer!

Not sure that'll show up well in the pics, but it's a decent enough replacement so Im happy :devilish:

Cheers.

Had a late one last night after deciding to go to the gym at midnightish. So far this morning I've had the front of the Vec re-booted yet again, picked up some bulbs, spark plugs and a couple of new wiper blades. Still a few bits to get, then the fun might actually, possibly, begin!

Still no wing mirrors at Persley though, which is both surprising and dissapointing. Hoping Stuart will be able to salvage a replacement Cam sensor from there later.

cam sensor will literally be 2 bolts max and a plastic plug somewhere,access is probably the only issue if there is one

the mirror glass just needs care, it'll just be on a ball bearing and able to be prized off, take it off the broken one to see how it comes out and the full one will be a doddle when you know how

Back