Technical Terrible rattles from front end.

Currently reading:
Technical Terrible rattles from front end.

Well just for starters we changed the front drop links. Well youngest daiughter did! Ive well hurt my back and could only just stand after wards. The old ones are about3 years old and were perfect so back into stock. Checking the rattling radiator that is clearly the cause. Bash the bumper and it rattles.
Off with the air intake pipe and airbox, and bash the fan, which ratles more. So, I have some medium density foam so I cut a load of blocks. pushed this in above and below the rad and air con condenser above and below the fan housing, behind the header tank and its much better. Eventually removed the n/s fog light and found the bottom corner is where is rattling worst, filled round the base with winscreen sealant and pushed a square of foam in and under with a screw driver. Silence is golden. Cant see anything missing but some bushing must have gone AWOL somewhere. I suspect the n/s anti roll bar bush is also not too good but that will wait till spring.
The good news is that, "she", said its due a service. My records show it was done last April so that can wait too. Totting up the annual cost of this car last year made my eyes water. But 5 tyres and a cam belt, plus new calipers, discs, pads and rear brakes and an exhaust are the basis of the huge bill. One more year like this tho and Daffo will be moving home! I think we need a MAP and valve stem seals after which we might get a break.

Well just for starters we changed the front drop links. Well youngest daiughter did! Ive well hurt my back and could only just stand after wards. The old ones are about3 years old and were perfect so back into stock. Checking the rattling radiator that is clearly the cause. Bash the bumper and it rattles.
Off with the air intake pipe and airbox, and bash the fan, which ratles more. So, I have some medium density foam so I cut a load of blocks. pushed this in above and below the rad and air con condenser above and below the fan housing, behind the header tank and its much better. Eventually removed the n/s fog light and found the bottom corner is where is rattling worst, filled round the base with winscreen sealant and pushed a square of foam in and under with a screw driver. Silence is golden. Cant see anything missing but some bushing must have gone AWOL somewhere. I suspect the n/s anti roll bar bush is also not too good but that will wait till spring.
The good news is that, "she", said its due a service. My records show it was done last April so that can wait too. Totting up the annual cost of this car last year made my eyes water. But 5 tyres and a cam belt, plus new calipers, discs, pads and rear brakes and an exhaust are the basis of the huge bill. One more year like this tho and Daffo will be moving home! I think we need a MAP and valve stem seals after which we might get a break.
Is there a day goes by when you’re not working on a car??? 🤔

Is there a day goes by when you’re not working on a car??? 🤔
Not many............... but mainly tinkering. Im thinking of removing the new drop links as its the rads that are rattling so thats another day. Also the rear arch liner is cracked badly so it needs repairing..... Just some rivets and glue there though. Bad knees and weak back do not help me at all.

Back