Technical Technical Error Code P1351 Fiat Scudo 2litre RHK Engine

Currently reading:
Technical Technical Error Code P1351 Fiat Scudo 2litre RHK Engine

Don't know if this will help others but here goes.
2010 Fiat Scudo 2 litre 120hp 16 valve, it uses the Peugeot RHK engine.
Vehicle starting OK but error code P1351 relating to heather plug relay, on further investigation error was caused by two faulty heater plugs.
If you should get this error code and suspect the heater plugs it is possible to test them from the blue socket that the relay is plugged into on the n/s inner inner wing area, I discovered this by searching on uTube as same engine used.
I have included web address as he is much better with a camera than me and gives a lot of detail should you need to change the heater plugs. Not a 5 minute job!!!
However the point I am making is from the relay socket it is possible to test the heater plugs to see which if any are faulty, though by the time you have stripped everything out it would be pretty stupid not to fit all four.
The relay is a G.CARTIER 9640469680 and has 8 pins which in my first photo is from top left 8,7,6 then middle row 5,4 (larger pins live and earth from memory) then the bottom row left to right 3,2,1.
Being French the engine is numbered No1 from gearbox end, so if you offer up the plug to the socket to find pin 2. that is the feed to No.1 cylinder, pin 1 is No. 2 cyl, pin 7 is No. 3 Cyl, pin 6 is No.4 cyl.
Top left of last photo there is a four pin connector going to the heater plugs , so before going all the way just check that connector is good.
Another point, to access the heater plugs you have to start by removing the air vent in photo, followed by EGR piping to inlet, various plugs etc. I took off the water pipes to the EGR cooler, then removed the EGR cooler two flanges with 10 nuts, two 8mm long bolts holding the body of the EGR valve to the head plus an Allen bolt just below the N/S 8 mm bolt, this faces upwards and unless you have prehensile toes etc. is a right pain to access at least to a 70 year old;), in the end I came up through from underneath with vehicle on stands.
Nearly all this job has to be done by touch as not visible under normal conditions.
I was able to test the plugs using an Amp meter giving approx 11amps on each good heater plug, if you have a basic multimeter then Ohms or volts may give a guide.
I don't have MES diagnostics just a basic Launch at present so I don't know if MES would show results for individual plugs or just the general Heater plug relay failure I got with error code P1351.

Attachments

• DSCF1061.JPG
    DSCF1061.JPG
    419.8 KB · Views: 236
  • DSCF1066.JPG
    DSCF1066.JPG
    405 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCF1071.JPG
    DSCF1071.JPG
    430.1 KB · Views: 120
  • DSCF1073.JPG
    DSCF1073.JPG