Technical No engine starts after an engine change Scudo MY15 130 Mutijet

Currently reading:
Technical No engine starts after an engine change Scudo MY15 130 Mutijet

frankeBOS

I have had a Fiat Scudo MY 2015 AdBlue130 Mutijet engine code RH02 in a workshop for 2 months. The vehicle had engine damage, and an identical RH02 engine from a donor vehicle was installed. My problem is that the workshop has not been able to start the vehicle for a month. The fuel pump has been changed, but there is still no fuel reaching the injectors. The workshop then used a hand pump and a self-made pre-feed pump, but the vehicle still won't start. The injectors are all functional; no fuel is leaking, and the compression lines to the injectors are also tight.
The workshop is at a loss, and my vehicle is without a solution.
Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

Check -
Fuel rail pressure when cranking
Rpm read by scan tool when cranking
Does imobiliser light go on then off

Will engine run if brake cleaner sprayed into air intake when cranking?

I have had a Fiat Scudo MY 2015 AdBlue130 Mutijet engine code RH02 in a workshop for 2 months. The vehicle had engine damage, and an identical RH02 engine from a donor vehicle was installed. My problem is that the workshop has not been able to start the vehicle for a month. The fuel pump has been changed, but there is still no fuel reaching the injectors.
Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be?
Hi Frank

The ECU has to get a Very High reading of fuel pressure in the rail,

Otherwise it will not permit the injectors to operate

A poor high pressure pump, or a drain/bleed of fuel can mean the necessary pressure is not reached 😕

Sometimes..
Spraying a fuel into the engines intake, so it Runs Normally for a few seconds will get the RPM up high enough the HP pump spins well and builds Great Fuel Rail pressure, the ECU accepts it, and the motor can then run on its own supply of Diesel fuel

Back