Technical Fiat scudo 1.6 van 2012

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat scudo 1.6 van 2012

gsc1ugs

Ive just refilled elyos fluid few hundred miles ago, its just prompted me with first warning risk of filter blocking?? Why so soon? I put a litre in which is suppose to last a year.. vans done 138k miles and snapon guy reset cat counter also

Ive just refilled elyos fluid few hundred miles ago, its just prompted me with first warning risk of filter blocking?? Why so soon? I put a litre in which is suppose to last a year.. vans done 138k miles and snapon guy reset cat counter also
When you say filter do you mean DPF?

If so it might just be coincidence that it’s starting to block. Might just need a forced regen to clear it out

Ive done a regen, snapon guy did it and reset counter on the CAT, im taking it off this morning see if really is empty which would mean what? A litre in a month dont sound right

Ive done a regen, snapon guy did it and reset counter on the CAT, im taking it off this morning see if really is empty which would mean what? A litre in a month dont sound right
Think the bags should last 70k or something like that. No something doesn’t sound right. Sure someone on here will have an idea

Is it possible an air lock in the Eloys system or faulty pump or valves.
Less likely is where people put a couple of quids worth of fuel in at a time and the ECU measures how may "refills" to meter the Eloys fluid and runs out early as they assume people run till low and fill to brim..
Also did Snap On guy reset Eloys fluid counter as well as telling the ECU the DPF had been "replaced/reset counter" and I believe some have to activate a bleeding system when changing fluid resorvoir.
Has the Ash/cinder count % returned to a low figure if ECU "thinks" DPF has been replaced and what are the pressure readings on the DPF sensors. Fiat Campers had an issue with faulty sensor a while ago.
Are there any Error codes pending in ECU?
If ECU was "told" DPF was replaced/reset counter and the DPF was in fact still partially blocked then it will not try to do a Regen properly.
I had similar, several years ago on a Citroen Picasso1.6 diesel and I had to remove and clean DPF which cured the problem for four years before I finally had to fit new DPF at 223k miles, though I don't know what was done before my ownership.

Back