Taxi ran over my foot last night

Currently reading:
Taxi ran over my foot last night

:mad: luckily not completely over. he only moved far enough to trap my foot, not completely flatten it.

me and my bro went out last night to a club with our lasses. after leaving we grabbed on of the taxis outside a club further down the road. agreed a price with him and everyone was getting in, i was the last to get in, getting in the drivers side back door. i had my left leg in the car, my other foot on the floor when he started setting off. i fell back out of the taxi and the back wheel rolled onto my right heel. he noticed straight away and stopped luckily. the wheel didnt go right onto my foot but had sort of 'gripped' it. i pulled my foot out and rolled around on the road, yelling and swearing as you would. the other 3 got out of the taxi and came to pick me up off the road and onto the pavement, the taxi sped off but my GF got his taxi number.
after a few min it felt ok, so i didnt bother going to hospital and getting it checked - i just wanted to go home and lie down. by the time we got home my foot was completely numb and i had the pins and needles sensation in it. woke up this morning and to my suprise theres very little bruising. its quite swollen and i have to keep it pointed - if i put my foot flat on the floor, it aches down the back. I cant put much weight on it either as my ankle starts to hurt. I had to take today off work and i have the next 3 days off too - hopefully it'll be much better by then.
really p*ssed that im having to go on sick pay. im very tempted to sue, bt with just what seems like a sprained ankle and only witnesses being family, i doubt ill get anywhere. i definatly think i should be atleast reimbursed for my days off work tho :mad:

i cant believe he set off while the door was still open! or that he didnt stop to make sure i was ok! :mad::mad:

what would you guys do?

P.S. i wasnt blind drunk before anyone says, but i was a bit tipsy.

Go to the police and report it asap, then go to the hospital and get it looked at.

Also.... I'm sorry, but if I seen that happen, I would have laughed.

To get compo, it'll need to be reported to the police within 24 hours.

Someone once tried to car jack me in London. The crashed into the side of me and got in when I'd stopped. In a struggle to get my keys, he snapped my thumb. This was in October 06. Because I was so scared, and there was no damage at all to the van. I wanted to get home asap. I reported it to the police two days later, (I had really bad post traumatic stress and wouldn't leave my bedroom). Still to this day, I can't move my thumb, the joint has seized. But because it wasn't reported to the police within 24 hours, I wasn't entitled to any compensation.

Your case is in effect classed as a hit and run, and needs to be reported as soon as possible.

Also.... I'm sorry, but if I seen that happen, I would have laughed.

LOL! sorry, but if i had just seen it happen to a complete stranger, i would have laughed too :D

but seriously, that sucks. taxi driver must have bricked it then did a runner, eh? cant blame him TBH, it was an accident and it was his fault, but he maybe thought you were gonna bankrupt him!

Not entirely true, I never involved the police but it can't hurt. Blame exists regardless of police involvement. They may be able to help with tracking the driver.

As I said though, it is technically a hit and run.

Goddamn compensation culture were getting more like the americans everyday. For a real injury then fine i.e you need time off work, your out of pocket been put through pain etc, but over a bruise?!?!?!:confused::bang:

The poor sod can't move their foot, I'd call that a real injury!

Last edited:
Goddamn compensation culture were getting more like the americans everyday. For a real injury then fine i.e you need time off work, your out of pocket been put through pain etc, but over a bruise?!?!?!:confused::bang:

It's the driving off bit that makes it worth persuing. Hit the bstard where it hurts. His liability insurance pays out but the driver gets a smack.

It's the driving off bit that makes it worth persuing. Hit the bstard where it hurts. His liability insurance pays out but the driver gets a smack.

He'll get a bit more than a smack! More than likely he could lose his taxi plate= loss off income! For all he knows or cares he could have broke bones in your foot! Did he show you an ounce of sympathy? No! So why should you?

There's a good chance the driver was an illegal immigrant cab driver or touting for business while only having a mini-cab licence. Seems to be an easy way to work if you're an immigrant without a genuine work visa. Either way, he commited an offence by driving off from the scene of an accident. Report him to the Police now, because who's to say he won't do the same thing at the scene of a more serious accident? Just how many accidents has he caused already?

And get your foot looked at in A&E at hospital. You've no idea of the damage that might have been caused to it and it really ought to be x-rayed to be sure it's not something more serious.

My main concern in this incidence is not so much claiming compensation but more in hammering a driver who fled the scene of an accident :mad:

Last edited:
lol daz

but you have a point with the club cameras. There will probably be one out onto the road to catch fights etc, but we got in the taxi at the other side of the road which might not be in the cameras view - could be worth a shot tho.

its not the fact he trapped my foot that bothers me too much tbh - yeh it was sheer negligence but we all have laspses of concentration and do stupid things. it was the fact that he drove off knowing he could well have crushed my foot! that makes me so angry :mad: what a t*sser

tbh i wouldnt say no to compo (who would?) but id atleast like to be reimbursed for the loss of earnings im going to incurr. hopefully the next 3 days will be enough to get me back to work, but since i spend most my day lugging 30-40-50kg fishtanks around, i dont want to be working if my foot isnt right.

its still aching and just as swollen as this morning, and theres some mild bruising now which might be cos ive been trying to use it :eek: i might get it checked out 2moro if its still feeling like this.

i once had a car drive onto my foot, then stop when the driver realised, with my foot under it, I didnt move at all and he drove off it. No serious injury was a soft tyre.

BUT

and a big but

this was the foot that two days earlier had had an operation on it and my big toe broke and reset, so all the stitches came out and my toe was crocked again. Had to knock learning to drive/taking test on the head for a year.

but it was an accident so i never did owt

this fella needs reporting, if you've got all your **** in order, why feck off?

Back