Taxi ran over my foot last night

Currently reading:
Taxi ran over my foot last night

Go down to the taxi ranch and get in his taxi and do same to him
also sledge hammers are nice balaclava job
also most nightlcubs have cctv

Getting a copy of CCTV footage is easier said then down, I've had to apply for some in writing (some 4x4 cut me up, hit me and tried blaiming me) this was 10 days ago and I'm still waiting!

well im up at 4:14 cos my foots keeping me awake :(

i found the following pages which should be useful....

http://www.leeds.gov.uk/page.aspx?pageidentifier=D6D3703B35D0E1C080256E1900584255
http://www.leeds.gov.uk/Community_and_living/Taxis_and_minicabs/Licence__private_hire_drivers.aspx

so i started writing this big assed letter which i was going to send 2moro, but i think ill just ring them instead lol. a letter could take forever. Ill ring them and explain whats happened and ask their advice - if they say straight to the police then thats what ill do.

heres what i wrote anyway. thought id keep it incase the police want a written statement or whatever.....

My Address

Council address

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you regarding a complaint I wish to raise concerning a private hire driver employed by ***** **** in Leeds – Cab number ****.
The incident occurred on Sunday 20th January at approximately 3:05am. I had been out with my brother (**** *****,) his girlfriend (***** *****,) and my girlfriend (******** ********,) to an event at the University. After the event had finished, we walked down Woodhead Road to just outside the Halo nightclub to get a taxi. A ‘***** ****’ vehicle pulled up on the other side of the road, so we approached the driver to agree a fare for the journey home to Bradford. The driver quoted us a fare and we agreed so we got in the car. My girlfriend sat in the front passenger seat, my brother behind her and his girlfriend in the middle back seat. I was last to get in the taxi through the drivers side rear door. As I put my left leg in, the driver began to set off despite the door still being open and me not actually being seated in the vehicle. As he pulled away, I fell back out of the door and felt the rear wheel of his car begin to roll on to my right foot. He stopped the car before my foot went completely under the wheel, but the wheel had already moved forward enough to trap my foot. In panic, I tugged my foot from the grip of the wheel and held it tightly as I shouted to the others, explaining that my foot had just been trapped under the wheel. The others got out of the car and helped me out of the road and away from traffic – the driver remained sat in his car. As the others helped me over to the pavement, the driver drove off from the incident without even asking or checking to see that I was all right. My girlfriend quickly jotted down his taxi number in her mobile phone. After a few minutes sat on the pavement, the shock began to wear off a little and I opted not to go to hospital as I was then able to move my toes again, and other than feeling like I may have sprained my ankle and incurred bruising to the side and heel of my foot, there amazingly seemed to be no serious injury. We got in the next available taxi and headed home. While in the taxi, my foot started to go numb and I had a ‘pins and needles’ sensation which lasted until I went to sleep. When I awoke, my foot had swollen up and was very stiff. Luckily there seemed to only be mild bruising, but as I was unable to put any weight on my foot, I was unable to work. I have also had to take today off work (21st) as the swelling around my ankle and foot hasn’t improved and I am still struggling to walk on it.
I am very angry at the driver’s actions leading to my injury and even more so that he drove away from the accident, knowing he may well have crushed my foot. I feel very fortunate that my injuries are no more serious than they are, as a few more inches would have been enough to crush my foot. His actions were negligent, careless, and unlawful. As I am unable to work due to my occupation requiring a lot of heavy lifting, I will only be receiving statutory sick pay until I recover enough to work again.
I have taken photographs of my foot should the matter need to be taken further. The CCTV cameras outside ‘Halo’ nightclub may hopefully have captured the incident. There is also a small car park opposite the nightclub, close to where the taxi pulled up which also may have a CCTV system that could have captured the incident.
I trust you will handle this matter with great concern and ensure it is dealt with appropriately.

Yours Faithfully,

Go and get it checked out either at your doctors or A&E because if you do go for compensation even if its just loss of earnings you will need to provide proof that you have had to seek medical attention.

It won't take long to get checked and if you can't put your weight on it i would say its either fractured and there's internal damage. Bruising doesn't really mean anything, not all people bruise easily.

:)

Last edited:
lol no ill look a right tit on it :p we'll have to see...

just been to A&E as its still painful. had it X-rayed and much to the suprise of the nurse theres not even a fracture despite how bad it looks. the verdict was damaged tendon and compressed ligaments whatever that means. he said too keep it in this support bandage, keep it on ice and take ibuprofen, and i shouldnt put any pressure on it for atleast a week, which is great... there goes 10 days of wage then :mad:

You do realise, the longer you leave it with the police, the less likely they are to do anything about it. They might see it as, you hurt your foot, then came up with this story to try and get compensation. And just picked out a taxi that you've seen about. With there being no evidence to back it up and the witnesses being family and friends.

lol no ill look a right tit on it :p we'll have to see...

just been to A&E as its still painful. had it X-rayed and much to the suprise of the nurse theres not even a fracture despite how bad it looks. the verdict was damaged tendon and compressed ligaments whatever that means. he said too keep it in this support bandage, keep it on ice and take ibuprofen, and i shouldnt put any pressure on it for atleast a week, which is great... there goes 10 days of wage then :mad:

Next thing to do then is contact the taxi firm and tell them whats happened, what A&E said and how long you'll be off work and see what they say

Ps, let us know as soon as you do :p

You do realise, the longer you leave it with the police, the less likely they are to do anything about it. They might see it as, you hurt your foot, then came up with this story to try and get compensation. And just picked out a taxi that you've seen about. With there being no evidence to back it up and the witnesses being family and friends.

It was only Saturday wasn't it? tell them you couldn't get to A&E until today due to being unable to drive

They don't look at t like that, and I'm talking about reporting it to the police. When what happened to me happened, although there was records of me having counselling sessions for post traumatic stress, they said I should have got a family member to report it to the police. The justice system in this country is a farce and they will look for anything they can to get out of any word they can. It's sad but true.

They don't look at t like that, and I'm talking about reporting it to the police. When what happened to me happened, although there was records of me having counselling sessions for post traumatic stress, they said I should have got a family member to report it to the police. The justice system in this country is a farce and they will look for anything they can to get out of any word they can. It's sad but true.

Of course they will, dont be surprised if "contributory negligence" is mentioned because you were "tipsy" :rolleyes:

Back